3TJ RR front fender: shared with other models? Silky white?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
tristanbadger
Settled in member
Reactions:
3TJ RR front fender: shared with other models? Silky white?

Post by tristanbadger » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:36 am

Me again. I was doing the fork seals on my newly acquired 91 FZR400RR (possibly with some SP component to it) which is undergoing rehabilitation of the engine kind, and removed the front fender, which has seen better days. It's a bit mangled and cracked, and the previous owner has bodged it together and painted the rear half matte black - not a bad strategy, but it's now coming adrift. If I can't replace it readily, I'll start repairing it... again.

Firstly, can anyone verify for me that the white with spangly sparkly specialness is what's referred to as Silky White? As per the following pic:

Secondly, does the 3TJ share its front fender with any other models, especially ones which also had the same white paint? I'm hoping that I can find a more widely available model which had the same fender, and get hold of a replacement that way.

If anyone here has a spangly sparkly special white front fender to suit a 3TJ, in not-too-shabby condition, give me a PM and I may be able to take it off your hands. :)

Thanks,

Tristan

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: 3TJ RR front fender: shared with other models? Silky white?

Post by Evilchicken0 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:24 am

spangly sparkly special white
Or Pearl as we call it :)

I don't know of any bikes with a similar mudgaurd

Motorcycle Solutions
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Kawasaki ZX9R E1

Post by Motorcycle Solutions » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:48 am

The supplier i have got the prices from supply the fender in the orignal white for that bike and is around about £60 plus vat and postage for i had to buy one for my sp race kit in the same colurs.

tristanbadger
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by tristanbadger » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:26 am

Well, that's not too extreme a price, given the difficulty of making a worthwhile repair and the expense of getting it repainted. I'll check out how my rebuild budget goes, and that might have to be added to the list.

Can anyone verify for me the official name of the speacial sparkly pearly white colour? I know there's probably a million different kinds of white.

Tristan