This is the one i got from ebay

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Q007
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR 400 1wg 1986 FZR 600r 1995
This is the one i got from ebay

Post by Q007 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:27 am

my 1986 stock 1wg all I've done to it is polished rear swing arm then clear laquered it coz it was in a bad state, battery had leaked all over it and was badly pitted and scratched,new screen as the origional was cracked around the mounting holes,new rear indicators as those fitted had broken lenses.I worked at a plating shop so anodised the heel plates and electroless nickeled the rear pegs and hangers,made new spacers and bracket to hang the ART can as it was fouling the swingarm,(You can see where it was rubbing in the pics of the polished swingarm), shot blasted rear subframe and repowdercoated it,sprayed the wheels red as they looked kinda strange white/grey. Few fancy additions like red & carbon bar ends & red fairing bolt kit & KPH - MPH converter,then a bloody good clean & regrease of everything in the rebuild.

really enjoyed doing it as this is my first 4 cylinder didn't want to touch the engine much, my philosophy is if it ain't broke, don't fix it.. just new oil, plugs, airfilter and coolant.

Also added braided Goodridge lines as the origionals swelled when braking but they were over 22 years old so probably needed replacing anyway.

little bit o white smoke on start but goes after 30 secs,runs fine and I'm happy with her for now. :D

any comments will be read with contempt unless they are nice comments, :Ass: :lol:

cheers Q.
Last edited by Q007 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

sparkles
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1990 fzr6 3he with a 4jh engin
Re: This is the one i got from ebay

Post by sparkles » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:42 am

Looks very nice and i bet red wheels are easier to clean then while ones

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2