Agreed value question

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
sportspromatt
Settled in member
Reactions:
Agreed value question

Post by sportspromatt » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:37 pm

As the value on these bikes are going up and up, would it be possible for a high wig on 400 grey bike to offers members agreed valuations.

It would be good for insurance purposes, and would work against companies offering market value of pennies!

Any of u fzr guys have any thoughts on this

Was thinking maybe it could be offers to members, maybe free if we spend over a certain amount on calendar, or clothing or something like that,
We are not gonna need every year, but it would be nice to keep up with market value.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: Agreed value question

Post by Evilchicken0 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:42 pm

No.
It has to be done through a garage, a legit business. You'll have to pay them to do it they have to see the bike to asses it. Then send that and the pictures to the insurance company (keep copies).

sportspromatt
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by sportspromatt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks, but
Dont think any garage would even know what my bike is, never mind any idea of value.
I might ask my insurance company if they can base it on examples sold recently of similar condition etc,
A classic car club i will not mention, could offer valuations, its a pity this forum, could not offer it, as i dont think i would get the knowledge, experience and expertise anywhere else!

But i will try my insurance first to see...... tnks

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:33 am

Dunno if this is of any use to you now but my NC35 (and my recently sold FireBlade :cry: ) has 'agreed value' insurance. I'm with Bikesure (they're mentioned elsewhere on this forum). They will accept detailed photos as evidence, up to a max of £4000 (I think it was £4000?). I sent six pics and there was no problem, similarly with the FireBlade. Above that you need proof from a recognised club or organisation, I think the VJMC qualifies.
If you're not already sorted give them a call.

By the way, their quote wasn't significantly more than any other insurance company.

As for getting a garage or whatever to give you a valuation, try Fastline in Preston. They sell a lot of Jap imports including 400's and they have a bit of a rep for 'accurately' (over) pricing ;)

sportspromatt
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by sportspromatt » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:24 pm

sportspromatt wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm
Not alot left! Or registered!
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/family/ya ... _400_rr_sp
I'd take that site with a pinch of salt. A lot of the grey imports were incorrectly registered with the DVLA when they first entered the UK.
AUTOEXEC.TWAT