What do FZR's go for ?£?£?£?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ArronA
Settled in member
Reactions:
What do FZR's go for ?£?£?£?

Post by ArronA » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Evening all

Got a complaint letter through the post today from the blooming council it's about me & my FZR as I've been running & revving it after each time I've made a carb adjustment, bit annoying as i do have respect for my neighbours even the ones i don't see eye to eye with i never run the bike in the early AM or late PM (i know exactly which neighbour it is that has stitched me up) it wouldn't be so bad if the bike was in daily use but it's been a project which unfortunately might have to go

It's a complete bike that runs with m.o.t until mid April 2017 but it's just the cold start issue that i have been trying to get sorted, carbs cleaned & rebuilt with LiteTek seals all round, new battery & voltage regulator but still only reads 12 odd volts across the battery terminals @ 5k rpm's (it doesn't increase) has too be the stator, paint work is a bit tatty

I'm probably going to put it up for sale but I've no idea what too put it up for ?

would be interested to hear any input

Photp does the paint work justice to be honest

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: What do FZR's go for ?£?£?£?

Post by Evilchicken0 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:03 pm

The council can't make you sell a bike, they can only tell you if it's being a nuisance with noise.
Reinstate the exup with recored cables and it will run and start on standard carb settings.

ArronA
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ArronA » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:16 pm

No you're right they can't make me sell it but if neighbours are complaining by saying it's a nuisance every time i run and rev it then if it carries on then they say it comes under the anti social behaviour act unless i stop immediately, having a day tod ay bike that is used as transport is fine of course as there is nothing they can do about that but projects that take time and a lot of tinkering and trail and error i might be forced to give up, I'm waiting to hear back from them as I've explained myself pretty well i think, there was only 2 or 3 days within the past couple of weeks where I've had the time to have a tinker with the bike and after messing around with the carbs i was running he bike and letting it idle for a while but i never revved it past 5k so someone is just being petty

Robotnik
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2x3tj xs650

Post by Robotnik » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:07 am

I repaired my exup cables using these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-BIKE-BICY ... SwBahVQWmW

As you can see one end already has the nipple, I bought some 1/4" / 6.3mm brass bar from a model shop, sliced off 7mm, drilled it through @1.5mm for the cable then opened that up half way through with a 3mm drill to make a solder cup, then soldered it with plummers solder.

If you send me your old cables,the above parts, (the new cables), and a return postage paid padded envelope I'll fix yours for nothing, be glad to help if it helps you keep your bike.
Neil

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Evilchicken0 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:20 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-Venhil ... SwGtRX0AE9

If your exhaust is "noisy" then it could be classed as excessive noise, if it not then they can't stop you. I think it would come down to the actual db value .... you could get it tested if you need a defence. You could also have the can repacked (if it's a problem)

Robotnik
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2x3tj xs650

Post by Robotnik » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:37 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-Venhil ... SwGtRX0AE9

That is a good idea, I'd have probably gone that route if I knew then what I know now.

I just don't know what I don't know.

:grin:

hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by hunter » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Evilchicken0 wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-Venhil ... SwGtRX0AE9

If your exhaust is "noisy" then it could be classed as excessive noise, if it not then they can't stop you. I think it would come down to the actual db value .... you could get it tested if you need a defence. You could also have the can repacked (if it's a problem)

Noisy exhaust or not,Public nuisance act, he will be taken to court.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Evilchicken0 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:06 am

They need to prove it's a nuisance though

hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by hunter » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:53 am

Not hard these day's,They ask the neighbours to log everything,Of course you need to be making noise on a regular basis,
An hour or two every day,Or half hour three or four times a day.
Not even that if you live in a council owned house.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Evilchicken0 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:39 pm

True but to carry any real weight you'd have to measure the actual sound.