Help please - Fairing frame width 3EN1

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Clanky
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR 400 3EN1, FZR 600 3HE
Help please - Fairing frame width 3EN1

Post by Clanky » Tue May 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi, after a recent dink I have been putting my bike back together. The upper fairing frame was bent up and I have straightened it out as best I can without a reference.

Could someone please tell me what the distance is between the very ends of the two stays that the wing mirrors bolt on to. Test fitting the top fairing and it seems a bit off.

Also my clutch basket needle roller bearing is worn (not too bad but it needs replacing). Cost in UK/EU is a piss take, I can get one a third of the price in the States. Is this a Yamaha specific bearing or is there a ref number to go to a bearing supplier with? Failing that my money is going State side with a bigger order to take advantage of their lower prices and save on some other overpriced bits and bobs here.

If I make an order I'll post again so that anyone who wants something (no heavy exhausts or engine blocks :smile: ) can let me know and I will add it to my order and post it on to save you the international postage.

Cheers

evoluzione750
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC27, 3EN1, GK75A, NC29
Re: Help please - Fairing frame width 3EN1

Post by evoluzione750 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:22 pm

If this is the distance you need, I've measured it to be about 14 & 3/4 inches or about 37.5 cm.

Clanky
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR 400 3EN1, FZR 600 3HE
Re: Help please - Fairing frame width 3EN1

Post by Clanky » Tue May 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Wow, that was fast Evoluzione :o

Thanks very much for going to all that effort with the photo as well. That is exactly the measurement I needed. Mine were at 16" or 41cm so close but no cigar.

Cheers