Cable routing

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
redbandit12
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400 3EN2
Cable routing

Post by redbandit12 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Thought I had taken enough photos but obviously not. Does the lh/rh switch gear wiring and throttle cable pass through the holes in the frame or go over the top of the frame just underneath the radiator cap/tank bracket. I know that the clutch cable runs through the frame
Also, getting carbs back tomorrow after being ultrasonically cleaned. I've read about problems fitting the airbox and making it stay in place. Is there anything I need to do or is there no problem??
Cheers

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: Cable routing

Post by Evilchicken0 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:16 pm

This sounds like a 3TJ ?
Anyway the throttle cables go through the hole, the left hand switches drop down the fork leg and are picked up by the loom under the fairing inner.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:21 pm

See how you get on with the airbox you might be ok. If not try taking the top off and filter out then try so you can push better.
It's cold outside so you might need to warm the rubbers up a bit

redbandit12
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400 3EN2

Post by redbandit12 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. Its a 3EN2, will that be the same. I'll get the hairdryer out for the airbox rubbers.
Luckily the central heating boiler is in the garage so it should help :grin: :grin:

fzrbandit
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400 3en2, Bandit 12

Post by fzrbandit » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:06 am

On the 3en2, the throttle cables and right hand switchgear wiring go over the top of the frame just underneath the radiator cap/tank bracket.