3TJ6 Racing in 2013

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Kurlon
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: 3TJ6 Racing in 2013

Post by Kurlon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:43 pm

And your tank may be competing against me for points... :P

Once I got mine fixed, yours was used to finish another 3TJ coming out of mothballs over here.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:11 am

Glad its going to good use. The dent in the back probably made you wince a bit huh.
I thought it was the one that might be leaking, I would have been embarrassed if it was

Kurlon
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Kurlon » Thu May 02, 2013 6:22 pm

We don't talk about dents in that region around here...

Nope... best to not think about them.

Damnit now I'm wincing again.

bendy3
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400RRSP FZR400 HYBRID RRSP

Post by bendy3 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Just made this tank cover identical to the 3tj from carbon fibre, cover weighs hardly anything, its white gel goat and carbon fibre, I'm going to run a small alloy tank underneath.
This would shave the weight off if you could get a tank made up.

Kurlon
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Kurlon » Thu May 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Nice work! One of my fallback plans is to use my existing carbon tank as a shell and to then hide a plastic pitbike tank underneath. I'm hoping I won't have to do that now as I suspect I don't actually have a leak but... keep us all in the loop as you develop that undertank system. :D

Kurlon
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Kurlon » Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Tested the tank today, I'm a paranoid fool. No leaks, other than my quick disconnect not quite 100% shutting off so it would sloooooolwy dribble at the hose end. Still going to track down a spare tank for piece of mind now. And some new race bodywork as mine is uuuuuuugly. ARD Racing's stuff is intriguing given the molded in color, looks like Beasely makes fiberglass for this machine as well. I've got zero experience with either, and can't find anyone over here who's used their product to pester, anyone care to kibitz on the available options?

Kurlon
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Kurlon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Leak is back, only likes to show up when I'm at the track, pre-paid for the weekend... sonofa....

So, I'm in the market for a 3TJ tank.

In other news, with the shock sorted the bike is a flipping dream. Now if I can just keep it on track for longer than half a day.

willandrip
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Far, far too many now

Post by willandrip » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:32 pm

Kurlon wrote:Tested the tank today, I'm a paranoid fool. No leaks, other than my quick disconnect not quite 100% shutting off so it would sloooooolwy dribble at the hose end. Still going to track down a spare tank for piece of mind now. And some new race bodywork as mine is uuuuuuugly. ARD Racing's stuff is intriguing given the molded in color, looks like Beasely makes fiberglass for this machine as well. I've got zero experience with either, and can't find anyone over here who's used their product to pester, anyone care to kibitz on the available options?
I have ARD road fairings on my 3HE.
Very strong, good fit and well finished for glass but not lightweight by race standards..
The finish is just done by adding a colour to the resin mix and gel coat.
Mine were gloss white and would not require any paint whatsoever if a plain colour had been required.
The shop is local to me-Westgate Hill, Newcastle upon Tyne,England.
The founder;Jack Armstrong ( retired) was quite a good T.T solo rider and sidecar driver in his day.
Shipping to U.S will be crippling; as would be Beasley composits to U.K from your side.
A red box doth not a Snap On make.

Wraith
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Wraith » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:43 am

ARD has never changed for the past 30 years that I have been going there.

Have used them for Tuning and Fiberglass stuff.

Can't fault their work.

Kurlon
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Kurlon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 pm

2nd place in AM ULSB with sticking carbs and a delaminating tank. :D

This lil bike RIPS, will happily take on bikes above it's tier, built SVs and big air cooled Ducs are not a threat. Just gotta get the tank issue sorted, figure out why the carbs have decided to stick randomly and I'll be good to go. Also picked up a current R6 front wheel with old and new generation rotors to see if it'll be easily adaptable.