Derestriction Mod Problem

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
GreasySteve
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400SF
Derestriction Mod Problem

Post by GreasySteve » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi guys I have a honda Cb400 Project big one, the previous owner molested the wiring at the front to fit a digital speedo.
The bike now has the dreaded 5500RPM bubble. The weird thing is I've done the mod at the speedo end and the mod at the CDI end it seems better but still runs like crap in my opinion. It revs up to a certain point then it doesn't want to go.
Bike definitely runs better at lower RPM it is running a little Rich I Think. Bike feels like it builds heat up very fast.

Please Im desperate!!

GreasySteve
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400SF
Re: Derestriction Mod Problem

Post by GreasySteve » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:43 pm

hey guys don't think anyone cares but it was the carbs I still have some issues, boiled carbs in water and dish soap worked a charm bike works perfect except for a little hesitation at the very top of the rev range if someone could offer advice I would really appreciate it.

Superjack44
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1CB400 SF 1 VFR800 1 Moto Guzz
Re: Derestriction Mod Problem

Post by Superjack44 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Had a similar problem with a VFR750ft that came in as an import from Canada it stood for several years until my son obtained it only 3000 miles from new , we started to get it ready for the road cleaned the carbs of jellied stale fuel and it started but would not go past 5500 revs we found out that there are minute airways/jets that cannot be cleaned any other way, until they were removed again and placed in a large sonic cleaner .
That did the trick.