Filters?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Tarlowb
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400SF NC39, '88 NC23 tri-arm
Filters?

Post by Tarlowb » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:07 am

Hey everyone

I am in the process of changing all the fluids and filters on the new super four, and whilst I have ordered a new air filter, oil filter, some new oil, I can't find any fuel filter on this bike.

Had a look through the past posts and used the search but no luck. I thought all bikes had fuel filters?

Forgive me if I have missed something super basic, I have changed them on other bikes but I can't see one on this bike, only the part that connects the tank to the carb hose with the little diaphragm that only allows fuel to flow under vacuum.

Does the cb400 super four hyper vtec spec II have one, or am I being daft?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

dobbslc
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3TJRRSP TRX850 XV750 cafe
Re: Filters?

Post by dobbslc » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:09 am

There's probably one in the tap assembly, you can fit an extra one in the fuel line between tank and carbs if you wanted though.

Tarlowb
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400SF NC39, '88 NC23 tri-arm
Re: Filters?

Post by Tarlowb » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:25 am

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have seen a few images online of people putting one in line as you say, not sure if the were in addition to one further up or standalone. I have also heard that it was then restricting the flow.

If there is one in the tap I'll leave it alone, I just worried that I needed one and didn't have one, or had one and it needed changing.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk