2004 CB400SF4 Questions

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Babbnjapan
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
Bike owned: 04 CB400SF4
2004 CB400SF4 Questions

Post by Babbnjapan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:39 am

Hey Gang, new to the forum but have been reading a lot of great posts. But I have not seen much for my bike. I Just moved to Japan and bought this bike. I have been looking for a manual but all I can find is a expensive honda book on Japan Amazon. Which is fine since my wife is Japanese, but I figured I would reach out here first. I also need to replace fork seals, and with out the manual I can not find out how much fork oil I need in the fork legs. And does anyone know if this model came with a center stand? I see the brakes to put one on and the stand stop on the exhaust pipe. Any help would great. Thank all. -Justin

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST
Re: 2004 CB400SF4 Questions

Post by JZH » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi Justin, I don't have an SF, but I do have most of the Honda brochures for that bike, and from what I can see, a centre stand was an optional 20,000Yen accessory for the Spec II and the Spec III models.

I have never seen any English-language NC39 Workshop Manuals, but it would not surprise me that one exists, given how many markets in which this long-lived model has been sold (alas, not the UK). I hope to buy one here some day, as I really dig the idea of the "Hyper VTEC"...

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

Patch29
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: 2004 CB400SF4 Questions

Post by Patch29 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Mine has 499cc specs for each fork...