NPR-Carbs Review

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
bureklton
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400 Super Four
NPR-Carbs Review

Post by bureklton » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:13 am

Hey guys,

Looking to get some new carb for my CB400 Super Four. The OEM ones are a horrendous £ 90.These guys are selling after market ones for £ 40.

Before I buy I was wondering has anyone got any experience with these guys. Their link is below

http://www.nrp-carbs.co.uk/shop/index.p ... ommon/home

Cheers

Burkleton

billgrundies
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NPR-Carbs Review

Post by billgrundies » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:36 pm

I have bought various carb parts over the years for my xs1100, cb550, z650 etc and not had any problems from npr. never bought parts by post . I always called in to their workshop and looked before I bought. I always thought they were pricey but I was always buying for 4 carbs.

bureklton
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by bureklton » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Cheers for the quick reply. Just order a set of diaphragms off them this evening. Have you any experience fitting loose diaphragms to the carb slides? If so any tips?

billgrundies
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by billgrundies » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:52 pm

I have my carbs off the bike (92 cb400sf) so I have took a slider out. I took the top cover off and took out the spring and lifted out the slider and diaphragm as one unit. using one of the cover screws remove the centre of the slider by screwing it into the tapped hole in the middle and pulling it out. you can now remove the needle and a tiny spacer washer. on these carbs the diaphragm is bonded in place so cannot be removed so I would assume you will be getting a slider with yours. hope this is of some help.

bureklton
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by bureklton » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:15 pm

From an email conversion with Andy (contact at NPR) it seems that a slide is not include and that

"No glue needed, old diaphragm pullls out, new diaphragm pushes back in. You do need to align the diaphragm with the slide, use the carb body to help with this"

It sounds simple enough. If anyone would like a few pictures of the installation I'd be happy to show you when I get the parts and time to do it.

tomigun
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: HondaCB400sf version R

Post by tomigun » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:38 pm

I would like to ask a theoretical question,you see I don't have problems with diaphragms yet,but a friend of mine has.Well the question is,which is the best way to pull out the ring from the slide,with no accidents like this kind of cracks??

I think that you have already answered my question,but i would like from you to confirmed.You have mentioned that there is no need of glue,and i think that my friends slides were glued.
Last edited by tomigun on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bureklton
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by bureklton » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Ok, I only saw your edit now. I have not yet tired to fit mine as I don't have the parts yet and the advice about not needing glue is the advice I got from NPR regarding fitting them.

By the looks of your pictures however there is no way of removing the ring without breaking it. Would you agree? It also matches the videos I have found showing this method. If that is the case I think glue will be needed

tomigun
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by tomigun » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:01 pm

Like i sad (thank god)i have no problem yet.The photo is from my friend carb and you can see what happened when he try to pull out the ring and remove the damaged diaphragm.So be carefull when you gonna try to pull out yours .

bureklton
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by bureklton » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Thanks for the advice I will definitely be using it. Did you only do one slide or did you manage to get others rings out intact? What glue did you use and how did it work with the glue?

Sorry for all the questions, they are dear little parts so I don't want to be f**king anything up

tomigun
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by tomigun » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:11 pm

I don't know if glue is needed.And i don't know if anyone sells these rings as a spare part.I suggest asking from NPR to give you istractions on what and how to do.And if they sell these rings also.After that you can share if you want to sf community.