NPR-Carbs Review

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
bureklton
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400 Super Four
Re: NPR-Carbs Review

Post by bureklton » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Hmmmm interesting. I don't think NPR sell the rings. I have a spare slide so I might try it with that as a test run. Thanks anyway for the help. I shall report back.

bureklton
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by bureklton » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:03 pm

Seen as I just suggested these to another member I though I would report back in case they come looking at this thread. As a preface I am going to say that as of now my carbs are still on the bench, not due to the diaphragms but rather a lack of time to refit and balance the rebuild carbs (also it is as cold as balls work in an unheated shed).

Anyway with that over I have to say I am rather quite impressed with the diaphragms. Although expensive (£40) they are a lot cheaper than buying the slide and diaphragms from Honda. Fitting them is pretty simple too, there is no need to break the ring as previous mentioned instead the old diaphragms can be pulled away from the slide with the ring still attached. Once all of the old diaphragm is removed you need to ensure that you get the slide and diaphragm aligned right. This involves placing both the slide and diaphragm into the carb body and lining the two up. I found marking both help and gave me confidence I was right.

Once your are happy with your alignment you simply push the diaphragm into the gap between the slide and the ring all the away around. Take it slow and work it in, push twist push twist. Go around as many times as you need to until it looks like it its in the same position as the other diaphragm.

I have run the bike with them in yet but there is no way they are coming away from the slide, they are fairly well stuck in there. I even blew compressed air through the carbs and watched the slides lift and the diaphragms stayed put.

Sorry I don't have pictures if anyone is interested let me know and I will get some

Superjack44
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1CB400 SF 1 VFR800 1 Moto Guzz

Post by Superjack44 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:38 pm

Pictures would be very much appreciated.

bureklton
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by bureklton » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:23 am

Won't be around the bike for a while so pictures won't be possible for a bit. But I'll be back