headlight wiring probs

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
greenhearts54
Settled in member
Reactions:
headlight wiring probs

Post by greenhearts54 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi,
Having a few probs identifying wiring issues and what they are in my headlight shell in my 1993 superfour. Can anyone help.

What are the two rectangular diodes for?. There seems to be a stray red wire.

Can anyone tell me what colour of wires are for the side light.

Cannot find a wiring diagram so shooting in the dark here.

tomigun
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: HondaCB400sf version R
Re: headlight wiring probs

Post by tomigun » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:12 am

Wirring colours of cbr400 and cb i think is the same so this perhaps is usefull:
I think this post is from the old site and it is for CB 400 sf fiiN (1992)but i think that the wirring it's the same with your fiiR.
http://retro.400greybike.com/pop_printe ... C_ID=46873
I hope that will help.
Last edited by tomigun on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

billgrundies
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: headlight wiring probs

Post by billgrundies » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:27 pm

nice reply tomigun. I have a 92 cb400 project big one, just read all the info in your post and found it useful. think I just found out why my conrod snapped. greenhearts, those diodes look like they are off some add on that's been fitted. the wiring on my side light on my headlamp is brown with white stripe (+12v), black with yellow stripe (-12v). as for the red wire I think you will have to get your meter out. I've tried everywhere for a manual for the early 90's cb400 and have been advised there are only Japanese and Russian written ones.