Anyone recommend Tyres For NC31

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Gidanski
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1994 CB400SF, 2008 CBR600RR
Re: Anyone recommend Tyres For NC31

Post by Gidanski » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:05 am

I thin the newer CB400SF's run wider rims so as to maintain the shape of the tyre. Fitting to the older model would make the tyre higher in the center as the sidewalls would be squished together thus affecting handling. I was looking at doing this on my bike for new tyres but decided against it for that reason.

Bigdave982
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Bigdave982 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:13 am

Hi

AVOID Avon Roadriders, in my humble opinion they're crap..

I've just changed my size to the later bikes sizes,
120/60 front and 150/60 rear, and with total success. Changing to this size has not affected the handling in any way.
I've bought Continental Sport Attack tyres, had the Road Attacks years ago and these are there stickier cousins.
So far they're brilliant and the bike handles like a dream, it's totally changed the bike.
The Roadriders felt twitchy and unstable in any weather, where as the sport attcks just grip and grip even in the wet.

Patch29
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Patch29 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Running Pirelli rosso's on bike at present, great for Australian conditions, good stickability...