New end can (pics + vid)

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
nampus
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cb 400 sf, KTM Superduke
New end can (pics + vid)

Post by nampus » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:32 pm

I've fitted a new endcan on my sf. It's a Bos performance end can, it's supposed to be used on the 2008 suzuki gsx-r 600 and 750 which I bought for 200 euro's on a dutch motorcycle forum. It's as good as new and was only fitted for a few weeks. The previous owner sold it because he thought it was too loud :twisted: So my dad and me fitted it on the sf. The linkpipe was grinded in 2 pieces and the rewelded by a friend.
The can:
The inside:
The result:
The result from an other angel:
The rewelded linkpipe:
Overall:

The movie on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWKzXLcDCUQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I really like the result, it's nice and short and the sound is awesome!
In the clip the bike doesn't run very good, but the engine was cold, and the weather here sucks today so I did not have the patience to let it warm up properly.
When warmed up the bike runs perfect, super smooth, I can't wait for the restriction to go out in september! :(

nampus
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cb 400 sf, KTM Superduke
Re: New end can (pics + vid)

Post by nampus » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Had it put on a dyno today. The registration says it's restricted to 33 hp.
The dyno says it's 55 hp.
movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M8AmY0ljWI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The mic of the camera can't keep up with the sound, but it's ok.
According to the guy on the dyno, the bike ran very well.
Result:

Nampus