CBX400 Bellypan

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Ensie 27
Settled in member
Reactions:
CBX400 Bellypan

Post by Ensie 27 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:15 pm

I've noticed a few SF owners looking for affordable bellypans and noticed this CBX400 one for auction in Japan. looks like it might be made to fit quite easily, only thing i'd be concerned about is where the exhaust comes out of the side. I might be wrong but i think the CBX had a 4-2 system.they don't exactly go for pennies, probably because the SF owners in Japan use them, but a lot cheaper than aftermarket SF ones i've seen:-

webjunky
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: CBX400 Bellypan

Post by webjunky » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:22 pm

i saw this company at the show and they said they could do a belly pan for a SF , i think it was about £80 .
they looked ok but I wanted something more radical/ streetfighter style than they had but failing finding one it was a good second option

http://www.simpson-detour.co.uk/default.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

meno
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by meno » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:59 pm

i recently got shopping mall japan to order me one of these

http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j19671903" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it arrived today gonna go offer it up hopefully will fit ok then spraytime lol

houdini
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by houdini » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:42 pm

hey meno how do you use japan mail maybe i'm dumb but its confusing the life out of me at the minute

meno
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by meno » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:07 pm

hey, yeah i also found it extremely confusing, i lost count of how many noobish emails i sent them throughout the process as id never doen anything like that before. ill try my besst to explain, any who ahve more experience of it feel free to correct me! firt thing was to get an account with them.. it ahd to be an automotive account due to the anture of the purchase.. so that involved registering with them and making a min deposit thru paypal to get that set up.
second aprt was to bid.. to do that i got the auction number from the yahoo auction site, and pasted it into teh action facility on shopping mall japan along with my max bid. once that was sorted i got a invoice in my email.. that confused me as id made more than enough deposit to cover the purchase, so i emailed them asking them to use that money instead of taking more off me.. sorted. i then checked my status there untill my item was shown as paid for.. at that point i sent a shipping request for it to be airmailed... again using the funds id alrdy deposited.. if u dont specify this they want you to send patment still. next time i checked my status showed shipped... then it arrived :) not teh best explanation i nkow but im new to it as well m8.. hope it helps in some way

meno
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by meno » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:09 pm

sorry as usual for the amount of typos above

Ensie 27
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Ensie 27 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:32 pm

Did you have to pay any duty Meno?

meno
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by meno » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:53 am

noes, htey sent it low value used item <3

meno
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by meno » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:08 pm

forgot to say though shipping cost itself was rly expensive £45

and a quick update, ive offered it up itll fit with some small cutting on the shorter left hand side...... it may well be my sidestand goes a little further forward than it should i dont know, only talking a small 1/2 inch cut neways so no biggy.