fitting new speedo/ tacho dials and blue led backlighting co

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
greenhearts54
Settled in member
Reactions:
fitting new speedo/ tacho dials and blue led backlighting co

Post by greenhearts54 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi,
Just replaced my speedo dial with one calibrated from KPH to MPH. The same company made me a new tacho/ temp gauge dial as well.
Back lighting was made using blue 12v, 4.8w led tape. The effect looks brill and now I do not need a speedo converter or a sticker on the glass face.
How do you post pics on thisImage

Superjack44
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1CB400 SF 1 VFR800 1 Moto Guzz
Re: fitting new speedo/ tacho dials and blue led backlightin

Post by Superjack44 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Looks great where did you get the dials and led from.

greenhearts54
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by greenhearts54 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:47 pm

The dials were converted and manufactured by a company in Germany the web site is
www.newtacho.de

The dials are 1mm thick plastic and are well printed. He can do them any colour and put any name on them, he will convert from KPH to MPH and vice versa, they are calibrated as such.

Turn round time is 10 days, total cost including return postage is £24.32 for both Tacho and speedo dials.

I have supplied him now with the pattern as he copied my originals. He has instructions in how to remove the needles and re-fit. Just let him know how you got his details from.

The led lighting can be bought from www.wholesaleledlights.co.uk are 12v, 4.8w led strip 1M long 60 led's over the length 3528 cost £7.23 delivered.

Hope this helps, it was a lot easier than expected.
Regards
Charlie

Devon462
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Devon462 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:14 am

Just wanted to add to this as thanks to greenhearts order you can now get a pair of new dials without sending your ones away for £22. You can also get them in white. Image

Fitting is fairly easy, the only issue I had was removing the needles. You lift it from the dial using 2 teaspoons to lever but it needs a lot of pressure to get it to move. And it does ping off when it goes so keep your floor clear so you can find it again!
I didn't replace the instrument lights for LED'S as the plastic is thinner than what it replaces so the current light shines through.
It's not very bright but as I don't do much night riding it's ok for now. It's a great quick way to make your speed easy to read in mph without messing around with the orginal mileage.

Allrover
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400 Super Four NC31

Post by Allrover » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:34 pm

I ordered a pair too off the back of greenhearts post but not got round to fitting them yet. I really should get round to it as they look brilliant. Great value for money too.