Will attempt to put full fairing kit on my 1993 CB400SF

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Dominic NC31
Settled in member
Reactions:
Will attempt to put full fairing kit on my 1993 CB400SF

Post by Dominic NC31 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi Everyone
I am planning to convert my 1993 CB400SF from a naked bike to a fully faired bike using a chinese fairing kit made for the 1993 CBR600 F2. Both bikes are of similar size and I am confident it will turn out great. Biggest challenge is the fuel tank which is of a different shape but maybe I can just use the original tank and paint it in the fairing colors.

Another concern is the nose cowl which carries the headlight and the fairing upper stay fixtures, windshield and mirror mounting brackets. I plan to fabricate the upper stay on my own and continue to use the original tach and speedometer which will stay on the Handle bars.

Ofcourse the headlight will be removed and I have to get a CBR600 F2 headlight. If it turns out well and looks great I will look for the CBR600 instrument panel and do this modification later. The handle bars will remain since I prefer the original riding position of the CB400SF. I recently saw a guy on the internet offering these handle conversion kits from the sport bike position to the upright cruiser or naked bike position. So I am sticking to the original handle to ease back and neck pain.

By the way I choose the Honda Repsol Theme. Was looking for a combination of Redbull and Repsol but could not find any fairing kits like that. 35 years ago I dream of having a Honda repsol bike but only got as far as a 2008 Yamaha R6 which I sold cause it was just to fast for an old man like me.

Please feel free to comment or offer ideas. I will appreciated all of them

Will post photos on its progress soon

Thanks again and ride safe
Last edited by Dominic NC31 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bodhi
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1995 Honda CB400 SF Version R
Re: Will attempt to put full fairing kit on my 1993 CB400SF

Post by Bodhi » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am

Look forward to seeing the pics and progress of this. Good luck

Dominic NC31
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Dominic NC31 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:46 am

Not completed and its a challenge lining up the fairings but here is a photo. More is coming shortly

Icemaestro
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Icemaestro » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:39 pm

How was it with the tank cover? And fairing mounting stays?