Show us your bike...

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
houdini
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Show us your bike...

Post by houdini » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:48 pm

@ ian all version s super fours come with brembos and a fuel gauge and adjustable front forks

webjunky
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by webjunky » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:13 pm

full titanium system fitted to my girlfriends superfour a one off prototype system, painted girly orange with pale blue graphics, wheels to be painted soon. :) color is correct in the first photo and the suzie gee tail piece but looks darker in some photos Image

Cadwatta
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Cadwatta » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:00 am

Webjunkie, what screen have you got fitted there? Looks really good. Coincidentally, my missus is also a Susie G.

davori
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by davori » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Heres my minter that I just got over the weekend. The last guy rebuilt it top to bottom heres the specs:

28km, Harpoon Can, Goodridge Lines, META alarm, Xenon HID Conversion, Renthals, Custom Black with Gold Flake paintjob, RG Bobbins. Probably more can't remember... :) Absoluletely in love with it, looks better in person too :mrgreen: Note the Guinness Can Oil Gauge, the guy I bought it off mounted an oil gauge as the one in the clocks is fucked.

ImageImage

ImageImage

davori
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by davori » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:12 pm

Lets try that again:

Thats them there, will get some better non-camera phone pics if anybody is interested, can't really see the paintwork in these 8-) :)

BUGIE
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BUGIE » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:24 pm

Nice one although i have to admit i'm not too sure about the Guiness can solely because it looks like the bottom half has been sawn off and looks a little untidy in the pic...

davori
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by davori » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:45 pm

Yeah I'm gonna give that a redo when I get the time, looks much better when you're not looking from that kinda angle. Wondering whether to fold up the bottom of this one or get a new one and try to make it neater... Might be tricky.

nampus
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cb 400 sf, KTM Superduke

Post by nampus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:08 pm

There are some beautifull bikes here! I really love the two-tone from j1mbo, and the racing stripes on Houdinis bike.
Here is mine:
1992 cb 400 sf, restricted to 34 hp.
I removed the two bars under the rear and the springs have had a respray.
Coming soon are Hell brake lines front and rear and I want to change the mirrors but I'm not sure what to change them for.

I was thinking rizoma bar end mirrors, until I saw them in real life. So it will probably be the standard rectengular ones allthough the ones on Houdinis bike look nice too, can anybody tell me what the brand and type of those mirrors is?

Btw am I the only one here whoes mirrors are uneven? My righthandside mirror is higher than the lefthandside one.

The restriction is going out in about a year. When that happens I'll swop the exhaust for a moriwaki one piece black together with a sporty air-filter (and have it set up properly on a dynojet of course).

Nampus

BUGIE
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BUGIE » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Hey Nampus,

Snap - We have identical bikes....And your's looks like it's in amazing condition

I'm not sure if you are aware but your mirrors aren't the standard ones...

Take a look at my bike here:

http://www.bikepics.com/members/bugie/92cb400/

I also replaced the mirrors (i think they're called teardrop or f2), removed the 2 rear bars and did the following extra mods:Tinted the back light, changed indicators, sprayed the calipers gold and stripped the horrible paint off the wheels leaving a polished rim while I sprayed the rest of the rim black. Best of all these can all be done yourself and using normal spray cans.

For the exhaust and downpipes - use some autosol on a cloth (or a brush you use to clean your nails) and tons of elbow grease and you'll have them shining like new in no time.....

Also my front suspension looked pretty much like yours however once I had the front wheel off, I got a polishing mop for the drill. Using the drill and tons of Autosol I cleaned them up quite nicely (while they were still on the bike). However for perfect results you will have to remove the suspension.
p.s. Wear safety goggles and cover the radiator

nampus
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cb 400 sf, KTM Superduke

Post by nampus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:14 pm

thanks for the compliments, but your bike looks better, very nice job on the rims and front forks!

I knew the mirrors weren't standard, but the fact that they are uneven is because the mounting points are uneven, the point on the brake fluid reservoir is higher than the mounting point on the clutch lever.

The pictures hide a few flaws. One of the previous owners dropped it once so there are a few scratches on the exhaust, brake fluid reservoir and one of the indicators. There is a little bit of rust on the frame (in front of the fuel tank behind the throttle and clutch cables) but I will get rid of this this winter.
I'm thinking about getting the front suspension powdercoated black, or polish them like you have done.