Show us your bike...

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
BUGIE
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Show us your bike...

Post by BUGIE » Wed May 14, 2008 7:43 pm

It's not as bad as you made out Lean...

All it needs is a little TLC. Autosol will work wonders on the rear sets, forks, clutch cover, etc

Are your downpipes chrome or black? If it's chrome hit it with yet more Autosol

believe it or not the Clock covers look good painted black so that will solve that problem

As for the exhaust - you can easily find one for 50 quid on Fleabay!

P.s. please remove those pokka dots :shock: :roll:

Lean
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Lean » Wed May 14, 2008 8:31 pm

OI you cheeky bagel! whats up with me polka dots :mrgreen:

I might have a go at the clock covers tomorrow night actually - got some black paint lying about. As for the autosol (will brasso do the same job?) on the downpipes... I need to get past the layer of crud. And what are rear sets?

Bit off topic sorry guys.

BUGIE
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BUGIE » Wed May 14, 2008 10:03 pm

No idea about brasso (although i doubt it'll work) but 10-15 mins of autosol will easily take your downpipes from this:

http://www.wemoto.com/library/honda-cb4 ... 2-osfr.jpg

to t, his:

http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008/03/31/ ... 3-full.jpg

the rear sets are what the pegs are attached to.

if you're going to spray the clock covers use a decent spray can as a bad job will be a bad eye sore. The other option is just to stick a tasteful sticker such as a black horizontal stripe over the blemishes on the clock covers (no pokka dots mind you) ;)

other jobs i did for next to nothing include spraying the calipers, tinting the brake light and wheels (i left the polished lip) as i personally find the standard grey very dirty looking

grease-monkey
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by grease-monkey » Sat May 17, 2008 12:27 am

I have to agree here, I invested in a tube of autosol today and now have very shiny down pipes and with surprisingly little effort. Well worth £2.85 makes a world of difference. :mrgreen: :P

amorti
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB-1, MSX125

Post by amorti » Sun May 18, 2008 4:58 pm

My CB-1 just before I sold it... Man that thing had a lot of love int he 6 years I owned it!

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i264/ ... or%20sale/

Bodhi
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1995 Honda CB400 SF Version R

Post by Bodhi » Thu May 29, 2008 10:06 am

Gonna give my bike a good clean and polish and then take some pics this weekend and finally get them up on here.

Is there anything that can be done with pitted fork bottoms? Mine are pretty bad and really spoil the whole look of the bike up front.

BUGIE
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BUGIE » Thu May 29, 2008 11:47 am

try autosol and a polishing mop with the drill... You'll need to remove the wheel though.

Cheap, Easy as pie and works wonders... It won't make it perfect looking though.

Bodhi
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Bodhi » Thu May 29, 2008 12:53 pm

BUGIE wrote:try autosol and a polishing mop with the drill... You'll need to remove the wheel though.

Cheap, Easy as pie and works wonders... It won't make it perfect looking though.
Thanks, I'll give it a go. Although I don't have any paddock stands, so I'll just have to do my best with the wheel still on the bike.

Speaking of paddock stands though, are BikeTek ones any good? M&P have a set of front and rear ones for £39.99 and was wondering if it would make for a good investment.

BUGIE
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BUGIE » Thu May 29, 2008 2:35 pm

if you want to do it without a paddock stand - put it on a centrest and get someone to sit on the bike so that the front wheel comes off the ground. Remove the wheel, stick the axle back in place and let the axle rest on some car jack or something.... Just make sure it doesn't fall off the jack when you're polishing..

Personally i would get a paddock stand as they're worth their weight in gold!! Also using the polishing mop with the wheel in place is pointless as you won't be able to reach everywhere!!

Bodhi
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Bodhi » Thu May 29, 2008 4:26 pm

cheers, think I'll consider getting myself a paddock stand next month then if I can afford it.