Show us your bike...

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
alexibrow
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Show us your bike...

Post by alexibrow » Fri May 09, 2008 9:17 pm

Here's my Version R, She's done 4,500 miles this last winter with only two or three washes and she still scrubbed up OK, sort of!
I plan to take her off the road and do a full restoration at some point, when I finally get round to it would anyone be interested in a Version R restoration thread?

houdini
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by houdini » Sun May 11, 2008 1:52 pm

here is my version as after a lot of work and nearly finished to be added blade front end and koso clock and one off cams
later

j1mb0
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by j1mb0 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:59 pm

Here we go, my bike with suspension and exhaust modifications.

BUGIE
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BUGIE » Mon May 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Hey Jim,

Exhaust is looking great man....

However personally i thing the Honda at the back needs to go as it spoils the back end, also I think the back end is looking a little too high now (from the pics it looks like you raised the rear end)...Having said that once you're on the bike it might look better as you'll lower it to its original level.

Hope you didn't mind me posting my views, its just i thought it looked more stunning in the first pic.

Chris

j1mb0
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by j1mb0 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:01 pm

BUGIE wrote:Hey Jim,

Exhaust is looking great man....

However personally i thing the Honda at the back needs to go as it spoils the back end, also I think the back end is looking a little too high now (from the pics it looks like you raised the rear end)...Having said that once you're on the bike it might look better as you'll lower it to its original level.

Hope you didn't mind me posting my views, its just i thought it looked more stunning in the first pic.

Chris
Hi bugie, no i dont mind your oppinions atall. I wasnt so sure about the honda at the back either but it is covering a blemish in the paint :roll:

I have modified the rear shocks and lengthened them by 30mm (did you notice the spacers above the springs). It does look a little high in the pics but i think its got alot to do with the angle i took the pic at. I must admit tho the space between the wheel and undertray is perhaps 10mm too much. I wanted to give it a slightly higher stance to bring it about the same hight as say a hornet. It rides fantastic like that tho, feels even more nimble (but not skitish) than before. I may decide to drop it by 10mm when i next service the shocks (its an easy job once they are appart).

Anyway, comments much appreciated

Ride safe

Jim

j1mb0
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by j1mb0 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:04 pm

Maybe a better angle

superfourben
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by superfourben » Mon May 12, 2008 11:36 pm

Hey, who gives a monkeys how high it is, looks like a fine bike to me, great stuff!

Lean
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Lean » Tue May 13, 2008 9:54 pm

there are some absolutely stunning bikes on here! mine is a right scrapper in comparison :oops:

BUGIE
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BUGIE » Tue May 13, 2008 10:22 pm

Lean - show it none the less... You never know, you might even get some advice on how to tidy it up :ugeek:

Lean
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Lean » Wed May 14, 2008 7:25 pm

Here it is looking majestic on the coast road. What the camera doesnt show was the bit when I had to bump start it to get it going again :roll: :lol:

Ive taken the tacky iridium screen off since, and replaced the battery and reg rec. Paintwork is worse for wear faded and scratched on the tank, scratched and flaky on the tail and there are white blobs on the back of the clocks where the screen has rubbed. So pretty much everywhere haha

Dented and scratched can, square back tyre and suspected slow puncture on front. Under 33bhp restriction at the moment too but all of the above becomes irrelevant when the roads get twisty :mrgreen: