My Superfour

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
craigs23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Quite a few
My Superfour

Post by craigs23 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:32 am

After tidying up a Superfour a little last year, I tucked the thing away for winter and sort of forgot about it. A mixture of overtime, plus an appetite for various day-to-day commuters left the Superfour hibernating in the back garden over winter.

Pulling it out from under its cover a month or so ago, it struck me that something wasn't quite finished with the bike. It had been bothering me a little last year, but I finally decided to get the wheels coloured to suit the paintwork. I was umming and arrring about which colour to go for for a while, but I spotted a similar-coloured CB1300 whilst a trip to up to Whiteways one weekend and the decision was made. The bike at the end of summer last year:

The Michellin part-worn Pilots were a bit of a steal too as the tyres beforehand were somewhat miss matched.

I was a little concerned about one of the fork legs weeping and low and behold, the seal has finally popped through lack of use. Has given me an excuse to fully refresh the front end as it was feeling a little weird, especially considering that I had sorted the rear suspension last year. So, new springs, oil, seals and bushes to go into a second set of fork legs I managed to source.

So, not much to do before I can start using it properly again. :|

Bodhi
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1995 Honda CB400 SF Version R
Re: My Superfour

Post by Bodhi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:42 pm

beaut looking bike, get some pics up with the gold wheels on it though. Are those the YSS shocks on the bike? How much did they end up costing you? I had looked into getting a pair a few years ago but they weren't cheap.

craigs23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by craigs23 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Think they were a little under £300 or so, which I felt was quite reasonable for a pair of shocks (the Ohlins were out of my budget though, at over £400 plus - and they wouldn't match the paintwork on the bike).

Everything back together now.

thunderace
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: R6, YZF600R

Post by thunderace » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Nice 8-)
Conventional wisdom says to know your limits. To know your limits you need to find them first. Finding your limits generally involves getting in over your head and hoping you live long enough to benefit from the experience. That's the fun part.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Yeah, that's how a Superfour should look.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

nictecninja
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1000 EXUP, 350YPVS, CB400 NC31

Post by nictecninja » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:04 am

Yeah, 8-) very nice, more pics from dif angles thou please.
Superfours rule ;)
bighug

craigs23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by craigs23 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:24 am

I'll get some more pictures up when the sun comes out again. I've got a couple of bits on order for powder coating, hope this doesn't turn out to be another '30 project, intend to use this one.

corkdragon
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cb400 super4

Post by corkdragon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:32 pm

looks great!

craigs23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by craigs23 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Couple more in the member's area if anyone wants a gander. Still a little to do on it, my hugger's on its way from Japan at last.

DaddyC
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400SF

Post by DaddyC » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Ah ye bugger ye, thats like mine now with the Version S colour scheme lol. The gold wheels do look well with it, pure jap mode :grin:

Are you leaving your hugger black or painting it? I got a rear hugger myself and had debated about painting it white like the bike/wheels, but probably be too much white and hard to look after given the amount of abuse it'll get?

Were the fork seals hard to do or handy enough even for a simpleton to bikes like me? Mine are away now too and need to get that done sooner rather than later :x