Headlight Wiring (two in particular)

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Josseh
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Headlight Wiring (two in particular)

Post by Josseh » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:29 am

I put a female bullet connector and boot on the wires in the headlight and that's all sorted.

Finally got round to tidying the starter relay mess up with a new plug and new relay.

Somebody had spliced into the harness to bypass the original starter relay and used what looked like a 14v generic job. Either way it was a total mess.

Before
After1
After2

If its of any interest, the replacement relay (like this below) comes with the connector the wrong way round (B & M dont match the original B & M fittings), you have to pop the cap off the top of the relay and use your original Honda one (the green cover) to make it compatible. Easy to do and saves you a few pennies, I've not read it anywhere else so figured I'd post.
CheapEbayStarterRelay

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:25 am

Good job.
That before picture is horrendous.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

greenhearts54
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by greenhearts54 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi,
Here is what I was faced with. What colours did you find the sidelight bulb holder to use

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:16 pm

greenhearts54 wrote:Hi,
Here is what I was faced with. What colours did you find the sidelight bulb holder to use

What are you trying to do Greenhearts54?
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

greenhearts54
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by greenhearts54 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Just trying to make head way with the wiring. I have two diodes in there which I have not seen before and I do not know what they do.
Cannot find sidelight bulb wiring or holder so must assume it does not come with one as the headlight is on all the time.