Super Four breaker?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
iansoady
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1993 CB400 Super Four
Super Four breaker?

Post by iansoady » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:03 am

I'm struggling to find rear grab handles for my CB400 SF. Does anyone know of a breaker who has one of these bikes in stock? I've found a couple who say they have through Google but all their stock lists seem months out of date.

Thanks in advance

Stueeee
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Super Four breaker?

Post by Stueeee » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:51 pm

There's a pair on eBay mate, you should be able to pick 'em up for a couple of quid ---> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201698931619
Mind you, he wants a lot for shipping :shock:

iansoady
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by iansoady » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:18 pm

Well spotted, I'd missed them (obviously my search skills not good enough).

Postage not too bad as they're probably quite heavy.

bludclot
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZS1000 - ivanised / modified

Post by bludclot » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:00 pm

The reason I want a lot for shipping is that I have to travel to the back of my local iceland during work hours and take some cardboard from their recycling cage (I've asked and have permission, it's not theft!) and purchase bubble wrap and wrapping tape, spend time wrapping things and take them to my local shop - as well as pay the actual postage fee. Seeing as I'm self employed time spent shipping is money lost earning, If I worked it out I would easily take a loss on £5.95 posting these handles.

There - you've been told!

If you want the handles powder coating before I send them I'll sort it for cost if it helps you. I have a good relationship with my local powder coating business owner.

iansoady
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by iansoady » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:26 pm

I did actually say it was reasonable!

I've put a bid in on the grab handles and the footrest plates (as I want to try a slightly longer gear lever). Yes, powder coating would be great.

Are you interested in a straightforward offer for the handles & plates rather than waiting for the auction to end?

bludclot
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by bludclot » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:36 pm

If you want then yes. I'll drop the handles in to be powdered black on the way to work in the morning. I'm not expecting loads for them, especially as you are an active forum member on here.

Stueeee
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Stueeee » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:31 pm

bludclot wrote:The reason I want a lot for shipping is that I have to travel to the back of my local iceland during work hours and take some cardboard from their recycling cage (I've asked and have permission, it's not theft!) and purchase bubble wrap and wrapping tape, spend time wrapping things and take them to my local shop - as well as pay the actual postage fee. Seeing as I'm self employed time spent shipping is money lost earning, If I worked it out I would easily take a loss on £5.95 posting these handles.

There - you've been told!
Fair enough then, no offence intended. I've always got cardboard and wrapping stuff in my loft from previous purchases, so it doesn't occur to me it would cost anyone more than the postage. As you say, I have been told! ;)

Actually I was the first bidder on these but realised I don't need them (have ordered a whole Ventura luggage system), so it was handy someone else came along needing a pair. Glad it all worked out :)

iansoady
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by iansoady » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:36 pm

Bludclot: you have incoming.....

bludclot
Settled in member
Reactions: