Where can i get a set of NEW High Tension wires without spen

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Lancerace
Settled in member
Reactions:
Where can i get a set of NEW High Tension wires without spen

Post by Lancerace » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:58 am

Hi, i have a cb400 SF NC31 96

Im looking to find a set of new HT wires to repla e d old ones i have. They still fine but have been on for god knows as i bought it 3 years ago.

Fount the ignition coils on wemoto.com but really expensive! Do i need to change the coils tooo? Is it realy worth it? And where can i get the Ht wires complete with pligs. Genuine parts preferred

Thanks for your time

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29
Re: Where can i get a set of NEW High Tension wires without

Post by royster81 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:41 am

A mate replaced his HT leads with some generic HT cable from eBay, 30 mins later and the bike was running beautifully
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Lancerace
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Lancerace » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:23 pm

I changed the plugs nd found some ust, even the sparks themselves had some rust so id rather have the stock coz they have covers preventing the wayer from entering. I use it as a daily so there will b times when il be in the rain.... though it doesnt rain much here

Gidanski
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1994 CB400SF, 2008 CBR600RR

Post by Gidanski » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:08 am

MIne has 1000RR pencil coils wired in series on the stock ignitor. Can literally point a hose into the plug hole and have the bike running cleanly. No more plug leads to worry about. I also used some non conductive grease on the ends where they sit on the plug as well as per the 1000RR manual.