Hyper vtec spec II issue

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Tarlowb
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400SF Hyper VTEC Spec II
Re: Hyper vtec spec II issue

Post by Tarlowb » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:28 pm

I have ordered a new fuel tap as the issue is still present. i've noted that it only happens when im on 2 out of 6 bars of fuel on the gauge, mainly if i have been riding, stop somewhere and then set off again, but especially if i have started riding up/down a hill.

My thinking is that when i have a full tank, gravity plus the vacuum opening the diaphragm allow fuel to flow freely, but once the weight of the fuel pushing down has reduced, the diaphragm is maybe getting stuck? either way i had a look at a few "rebuild kits" on amazon etc and im a bit sceptical of them.

Today I rode from Redditch to Rhayader in wales and back with the slip on end can, 202 miles with two fuel stops to keep the tank above 2/3s full and didn't have any issue :grin:

fingers crossed this will sort it for good, the fuel tap is 17 years old, has anyone else had any issues like this?

Return to “Superfour - General”