Advice wanted

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Otissmalk
Settled in member
Reactions:
Advice wanted

Post by Otissmalk » Fri May 25, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi everyone bought a Honda cb400 grey import a couple months my problem is it doesn't like the rain are there any common faults to check for at all?
Thank you

Superjack44
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1CB400 SF 1 VFR800 1 Moto Guzz
Re: Advice wanted

Post by Superjack44 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 pm

What are your symptoms , my superfour has never had a problem running in the wet even torrential rainstorms.
If you can describe what happens would be helpful.

Otissmalk
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Otissmalk » Sat May 26, 2018 4:29 pm

It seems to splutter a bit when accelerating and the other day when I left it in the rain to pop in the shop it started up fine but then died and the electric start wouldn't start I then jump started it and it went fine after that I turned it off just to see if it would start on the button and it did I'm thinking It must be an electrical problem

Superjack44
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1CB400 SF 1 VFR800 1 Moto Guzz

Post by Superjack44 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Any service history, if not then I would renew spark plugs and airfilter along with oil and filter change and make a note of the mileage when you have done it so that you know when servicing is due.
Make sure the vent in the petrol cap is clear especially the small one that vents the tank the large one drains the filler cap recess.
Generally check the wiring connections for corrosion keep them clean.
Superfours are as a rule extremely reliable.
Check the condition of the battery.
Pictures are useful too.

Otissmalk
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Otissmalk » Sun May 27, 2018 8:43 am

No service history with it the last owner did a bit himself lol filter changes ect yeah all my Honda,s before this one have been super reliable will check the plugs ect as soon as I get the chance I was wondering if it might be old ht leads or coils I guess it's going to come down to a process of elimination at the end of the day haha