Site HomeAbout 400GreyBikeBuyers GuidesDocument LibraryIt is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 pm

NC27 (CB1), a good used bike? Can it be maintained?

Forum rules Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
  • Author

SevenThreeSeven

Settled in member

NC27 (CB1), a good used bike? Can it be maintained?

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Quick question for the CB1 experts out there: Is the CB1 a good bet as a used bike, or are there problems such as lack of parts availability that make it an unworkable situation? Is this bike/engine durable? Is there a deal-breaker or "fatal" flaw in it?

I ride a '99 VFR800 and I love its Honda gear-driven camshaft sound, it's got real quality and character. The CB1 comes from the same era of Honda engine technology so I'm attracted to it, but cautious about buying, if I can find one (I also own a '93 GSF400 Bandit, so I already know that I enjoy riding the 400cc Japanese bikes from that era).

Thanks

CB1pod70

NWAA Supporter

NWAA Supporter

Re: NC27 (CB1), a good used bike? Can it be maintained?

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 10:09 am

I'm biased, but think they are great little bikes and have they quite a following with a dedicated forum www.hondacb1.org and their own facebook page.

Many parts are shared with the NC23 so spares are not a problem and all the normal service parts etc. are available through the likes of Wemoto

JZH

Site Supporter

Site Supporter

• Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST

Re: NC27 (CB1), a good used bike? Can it be maintained?

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 pm

They're a lot more common in the USA, where it was an official model for a few years, than in the UK, where I think they were only grey imports? That said, I doubt there are a lot of OEM parts for it available anywhere these days. I'd say go for it. It's a sound little bike, AFAIK.

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

Return to Superfour - General