Nc29 draining battery

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Johny14586
Settled in member
Reactions:
Nc29 draining battery

Post by Johny14586 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Put a new battery in the bike a few weeks back as I was sure the old one was no good. Went out for a spin with my father yesterday and the bike took abit longer to fire up than usual. Now today if wont start, no power left in the battery. At 32 years old I'm a late bloomer as this is my first bike and I'm clueless as to what to look for, is there an alternator on the bike like a car?

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: Nc29 draining battery

Post by Davez29 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Its a very common problem on a lot of Honda bikes from that period. Chances are its your regulator (right rear side on top of the exhaust bracket) but don't discount the alternator (right side engine cover) as the problem. There are various tests to do but you should buy the Haynes manual as its invaluable with these bikes. Try a search in the forum as it has been covered many times, including from myself. But if you get stuck don't hesitate to get back with any questions.

Johny14586
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Nc29 draining battery

Post by Johny14586 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks for the info