NC29 half empty radiator. HELP !

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
PTsakthi
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC29 half empty radiator. HELP !

Post by PTsakthi » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 am

just as my HC tester arrived, i found another leak. Not sure if this leak was there from the beginning, but i am gonna switch out the hoses and test it once more....

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r

Post by Bowches » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:57 pm

Hey where abouts are you from? Are you sakthi96 on instagram?

I am bowches with the orange Honda CBR 400 Repsol.....I go to Madras every year....if you need anything let me know. Are you from Sri Lanka?

Thanks

PTsakthi
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by PTsakthi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:02 pm

found a leak at a 'T joint' on the left side of the bike. its a small hose connecting from the engines coolant pipe to the radiator. Anyone knows whats this hose is for ?

there is a consistent drip of coolant coming from it during idling.

not sure if this small amount of the drip is enough to cause so much problem, and for it to lose that much coolant in that amount of time...advice ?

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250

Post by dunkenb » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Those small hoses allow coolant to circulate before the engine’s warm and the thermostat opens. They get quite brittle with age. If you can afford it get a full samco set. Or otherwise take a piece to a bike shop to get a replacement piece the same size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk