De restriction/wiring loom question...

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: De restriction/wiring loom question...

Post by CB1pod70 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Quick & easy way to check which frame you have is the J model has 3 holes where the cold air inlet attaches behind the headstock whereas the K has a hole and a slot at this point. Also the airboxes are different. the K inlets sit inside the frame whereas the J inlets sit back from the frame.

The engines, carbs & most other parts are interchangeable but I think the ali plate between the carbs & airbox are a different shape as are the cold air tubes & plastic mounts that fit to the frame.

Back to the wiring:
Red/Brown wire - goes to the speed limit warning light (if fitted) so can be ignored
Black/Brown - switched positive feed (from fusebox)
Blue/orange - from CDI for limiter

You need to fit the resistor between the black/brown wire & blue/orange wire

spritz46
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC23, SRX long term project

Post by spritz46 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Thanks CB1pod70.

That's exactly the info I was after. It is a K frame, CDi and loom I must admit I hadn't thought past the majors and through to the air box stuff yet. I do have a couple of the plates though and so will check this evening when back as to fitment for the cold air tubes. I'll also grab my resistor and get installing that.

After the resistor is in, am I right in thinking that the black clock connector to the back of the speedo stays disconnected?

Thanks again for all the help.

Cheers

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CB1pod70 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:41 am

Leave the black connector in place & connected as I think it may provide the feed & earth for other items (would need to look at the wiring diagram to be sure)