My CBR project and some questions

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Shardy
Settled in member
Reactions:
My CBR project and some questions

Post by Shardy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi guys. Heres my CBR 400 Aero project. Its in a bit of a state and resorted to ordering a new tank due to leaks and deadly tust on the inside. Ignition has been replaced and current panels fibreglassed. Still got brakes to do. To be honest I'm half tempted to have the engine resprayed, frame powder coated and street fighter it. What you guys think? Or keep it standard. Also what rear subframe can I use on this to change the seat style? I know its been done but information on this bike seems to be limited.
Anyone also know what fuel line this uses? Mine came with a copper pipe for fuel for some reason.
Can engine cages be got for this bike or have to be custom made?
Anyone done straight bars on theirs?
If anyone wants to pitch ideas for this bike please do as I'm very open to this project. I paid £280 for it and ain't afraid to cut and chop, I just don't want to feel like a ass if I do it to a 30 year old bike so reassurance is also welcome Image
Thanks guys

P.S. paint isnt original and in a sorry state so its getting resprayed and hydrodippedImageImage

Sent from my T1-A21w using Tapatalk

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: My CBR project and some questions

Post by CB1pod70 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:27 am

Not sure how easy fairing panels are to come by for the Aero and they seem less desirable than the later models, so really it's a case of do what you fancy - no ones going to give you a hard time if you go the streetfighter route, it's your bike after all.

Can't really help with any of your questions though