Rear Suspension cbr 400. I want a new one or.....

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r
Rear Suspension cbr 400. I want a new one or.....

Post by Bowches » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi everyone.....

I want a new Rear shock/Suspension.

What are your recommendations? Should I give life/tweak the stock suspension....what should I do?

Thanks

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: Rear Suspension cbr 400. I want a new one or.....

Post by Davez29 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:10 am

It really depends on your budget and what you expect. Some do referb the old shock or go with a referb 600 shock from Graeme France. The new options are the usual Hagon, Nitron and YTS. Myself l split the cost and choose Shock Factory's M shock, in my eyes the best purchase i have made. Its upto your pocket really.

To add to this, if your front is not updated you may have to budget for this at some point as you will find a slight imbalance front to back.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:50 am

Thanks Davez29

Yea I was looking at that Nitron Shock on Ebay.....580 pounds but fully adjustable on the go I think....really expensive lol.

I will have a look at the shock you told me about.....

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:30 pm

Davez29 wrote:It really depends on your budget and what you expect. Some do referb the old shock or go with a referb 600 shock from Graeme France. The new options are the usual Hagon, Nitron and YTS. Myself l split the cost and choose Shock Factory's M shock, in my eyes the best purchase i have made. Its upto your pocket really.

To add to this, if your front is not updated you may have to budget for this at some point as you will find a slight imbalance front to back.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBR400R ... Swa-dWojCz

What do you think about this Nitron shock on Ebay? do you think it is worth it?

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:06 pm

On the link you put up there isn't a nitron shock listed, but searching ebay for button shocks resulted in the cheapest one starting at £420. Is it worth it no! For a few quid more you could get a maxton shock absorber, give Graeme France a ring honestly a 600 rear shock and set of front cbr400rrr forks and my bike is bloody fantastic and gives me such a grin EVERY TIME I RIDE THE BIKE.
Ring him today! The suspension he sells is set up for your weight and its a revelation, the difference between night and day.
The problem being when you get it done every bike from thereon feels crap on standard suspension and ends up costing more than you dare tell the wife.
Ring him and report back what you think.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:14 pm

cbr400rrn wrote:On the link you put up there isn't a nitron shock listed, but searching ebay for button shocks resulted in the cheapest one starting at £420. Is it worth it no! For a few quid more you could get a maxton shock absorber, give Graeme France a ring honestly a 600 rear shock and set of front cbr400rrr forks and my bike is bloody fantastic and gives me such a grin EVERY TIME I RIDE THE BIKE.
Ring him today! The suspension he sells is set up for your weight and its a revelation, the difference between night and day.
The problem being when you get it done every bike from thereon feels crap on standard suspension and ends up costing more than you dare tell the wife.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBR400R ... SwUV9WpjxJ

Sorry this is the shock I'm on about....what do you think about this Suspension/shock....do you think it is worth it?

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:16 pm

cbr400rrn wrote:On the link you put up there isn't a nitron shock listed, but searching ebay for button shocks resulted in the cheapest one starting at £420. Is it worth it no! For a few quid more you could get a maxton shock absorber, give Graeme France a ring honestly a 600 rear shock and set of front cbr400rrr forks and my bike is bloody fantastic and gives me such a grin EVERY TIME I RIDE THE BIKE.

Also what do you think if I were to buy lightweight Dymag wheels for 400 pound each.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Going by whAT you have said about the 600 rear shock Graeme France sells...im going to call him and am now interested in the 600 shock......

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:53 pm

Bowches wrote:

Also what do you think if I were to buy lightweight Dymag wheels for 400 pound each.
Well the Dymag wheel is selling for 500 pounds but I will try and bring it down to 450 and sell my standard wheel. That Dymag wheel selling for 500 pounds is with the discs and front tyre.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:28 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222147335100? ... Tags=bu=bu

What do people think about this MAXTON shock on sale on Ebay....it saying it is from a RVF 400, Will it fit on my CBR 400?

Thanks alot for the help everyone