Electrical Issue

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r
Re: Electrical Issue

Post by Bowches » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Davez29 wrote:Excellent news, im glad you got it sorted, all a bit sudden after trying for the last coyple of weeks. I told you it was not too hard and probably easier than doing the forks. No fear next time.

I note you live in London, was wondering if you meet up with the Ride3 lads as they seem to frequent the arty underpass you take pictures at?
YES he did a great job. We tip the bike up on the stand and put a BRICK underneath the rear wheel/tyre so that the oil was inside the engine casing....I had a nice look inside the engine casing, the inside of the oil sump....IT WAS LIKE LOOKING IN ALADDIN's cave or something, it was very fascinating!

He owes me some money my friend, so he happily did it and reduced the amount of money he owes me.

We removed the casing and the gasket was still intact and that was great! The new alternator fitted on nicely.

What is this Ride 3?

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 pm

Bowches wrote:
Davez29 wrote:I note you live in London, was wondering if you meet up with the Ride3 lads as they seem to frequent the arty underpass you take pictures at?
What is this Ride 3?
Ride3, its just a bunch of lads I seen on youtube, superbikes of London, they have a couple of nice vids on there, Im surprised you have not seen them as I see you all over youtube. Although its mainly on CBR400 stuff.

BTW I just re-done my forks tonight, new bushes, seals etc..

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:09 am

Davez29 wrote:
Bowches wrote:
Davez29 wrote:I note you live in London, was wondering if you meet up with the Ride3 lads as they seem to frequent the arty underpass you take pictures at?
What is this Ride 3?
Ride3, its just a bunch of lads I seen on youtube, superbikes of London, they have a couple of nice vids on there, Im surprised you have not seen them as I see you all over youtube. Although its mainly on CBR400 stuff.

BTW I just re-done my forks tonight, new bushes, seals etc..

Hi Davez29,

Everything is gonig well with the new alternator but the right indicator is flashing really fast and only the front indicator comes on.

Thanks for the help again

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:25 am

Hi, it could be a bulb out or a loose connection. Swap rear bulbs over to test if you dont have a spare but as you have had recent reg problems check the wiring bullet connectors have not parted, all connections near your rectifier. As standard they are enclosed inside a rubber boot.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:11 pm

CB1pod70 wrote:the problem with instant gasket is that if you don't put enough on, it will leak oil. If you put too much on, then the extra will squeeze into the engine and can break off and block oil passage ways causing damage to the engine which is worse.

If you must use instant gasket make sure that it is applied to the middle of the casing and use a thin bead, maximum 1.5mm - 2mm in diameter. Most people put too much on

Hi CB1pod70.....

My Alternator and Rectifier problems are now all fixed.

Is it possible for us to meet as it is summer now. I can come to your place, are you free in the weekends?

Thanks

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Thu May 11, 2017 10:47 am

Davez29 wrote:Hi, it could be a bulb out or a loose connection. Swap rear bulbs over to test if you dont have a spare but as you have had recent reg problems check the wiring bullet connectors have not parted, all connections near your rectifier. As standard they are enclosed inside a rubber boot.

Thanks for the help DAVEZ29.....

My mot is tomarrow and my bike is not ready lol....I have to fix the indicator problem....flashing too fast at the front and nothing at the rear. Also my bike is not holding the idle as it is running on three cylinders, the fourth cylinder comes alive at 5000 RPM and above.

Do you think it will fail the MOT because of the idling issue?

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Bowches wrote:
Davez29 wrote:Hi, it could be a bulb out or a loose connection. Swap rear bulbs over to test if you dont have a spare but as you have had recent reg problems check the wiring bullet connectors have not parted, all connections near your rectifier. As standard they are enclosed inside a rubber boot.

Thanks for the help DAVEZ29.....

My mot is tomarrow and my bike is not ready lol....I have to fix the indicator problem....flashing too fast at the front and nothing at the rear. Also my bike is not holding the idle as it is running on three cylinders, the fourth cylinder comes alive at 5000 RPM and above.

Do you think it will fail the MOT because of the idling issue?
Sorry, I have not been around the last few days, so dont know how you went on.

I dont think an idling issue would affect an MOT itself but if it didnt run right I suppose they could claim that they cant test it thoughly with this problem. Your main concern for the MOT seems to be your indicater as its on so has to work correctly. Remember to test that horn and headlight alignment as its these two that tend to fail the most. I believe before I got my bike it failed on the horn not working on one MOT.

Im surprised no one else has chipped in to help out here before now, c'mon guys Im no expert and cant be around all the time. Help a fellow owner :)

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Sun May 14, 2017 1:28 am

Heey Davez29...

Thanks for your help again. My bike passed the MOT yay! I also got comprehensive insurance for the whole year.

I got help from a CBR 400 owner, the guy with 93000 miles/KM. I went to MOT place near Camden Town. I think it was a dogy MOT lol...but I'm happy it passed and I got the certificate and I will sort out the idling issue myself....

Today I was learning how to wheelie properly for the first time!! Was AMAZING!! HAHAHA....I practiced for like 3 hours and I did about 7 miles of wheelie practice in an abandoned car park in London.

I got it too about shoulder height.....but the problem at the end of the last wheelie was that I think I finished the clutch plates....I first tried to wheelie the bike from about 5 to 10mph at 5000 RPM, that did not work and then I practiced 8000Rpm, Finally I was doing it crazy at 12 to 13000 RPM from first after slipping the clutch,

I am determined to learn to wheelie...was a great day! GOt about 5 or 6 real Power wheelies in those 3 hours. but I think I have to buy a new clutch plates now....

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250

Post by dunkenb » Sun May 14, 2017 8:48 pm

8-)

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CB1pod70 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi Bowches,

I'm starting to get busy at weekend with racing & trackdays but you're welcome to come round. It's best to give me a call first though - I have sent you a pm with my phone number. Pulling wheelies will definitely kill your clutch in no time, these little 400's aren't really designed for such things unless you give them lots of revs. Sounds like your carbs need a clean & balance.