Electrical Issue

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: Electrical Issue

Post by Foxy400 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:26 pm

Remind me not to buy a used bike from this guy :grin:
Bowches wrote:Heey Davez29...

Thanks for your help again. My bike passed the MOT yay! I also got comprehensive insurance for the whole year.

I got help from a CBR 400 owner, the guy with 93000 miles/KM. I went to MOT place near Camden Town. I think it was a dogy MOT lol...but I'm happy it passed and I got the certificate and I will sort out the idling issue myself....

Today I was learning how to wheelie properly for the first time!! Was AMAZING!! HAHAHA....I practiced for like 3 hours and I did about 7 miles of wheelie practice in an abandoned car park in London.

I got it too about shoulder height.....but the problem at the end of the last wheelie was that I think I finished the clutch plates....I first tried to wheelie the bike from about 5 to 10mph at 5000 RPM, that did not work and then I practiced 8000Rpm, Finally I was doing it crazy at 12 to 13000 RPM from first after slipping the clutch,

I am determined to learn to wheelie...was a great day! GOt about 5 or 6 real Power wheelies in those 3 hours. but I think I have to buy a new clutch plates now....

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r

Post by Bowches » Tue May 16, 2017 9:42 am

Foxy400 wrote:Remind me not to buy a used bike from this guy :grin:
Bowches wrote:Heey Davez29...

Thanks for your help again. My bike passed the MOT yay! I also got comprehensive insurance for the whole year.

I got help from a CBR 400 owner, the guy with 93000 miles/KM. I went to MOT place near Camden Town. I think it was a dogy MOT lol...but I'm happy it passed and I got the certificate and I will sort out the idling issue myself....

Today I was learning how to wheelie properly for the first time!! Was AMAZING!! HAHAHA....I practiced for like 3 hours and I did about 7 miles of wheelie practice in an abandoned car park in London.

I got it too about shoulder height.....but the problem at the end of the last wheelie was that I think I finished the clutch plates....I first tried to wheelie the bike from about 5 to 10mph at 5000 RPM, that did not work and then I practiced 8000Rpm, Finally I was doing it crazy at 12 to 13000 RPM from first after slipping the clutch,

I am determined to learn to wheelie...was a great day! GOt about 5 or 6 real Power wheelies in those 3 hours. but I think I have to buy a new clutch plates now....

LOL...yea at the end me and my friend decided, its probably best to buy an old Cheap 600 and practice wheelies on that. AS THE BABY BLADE IS A RARE and special bike, you dont want to mess it up.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:42 pm

*UPDATE*

All electrics are running well.....since my friend changed the Alternator on 11 April 2017. Idling has also been sorted out for by a friend....he did pretty much for nothing....this was about a month ago, saved me alot of money....TWAT MECHANICS were saying they would charge like 300 pounds to take out the Engine and see what the problem is....

friend just balanced the carbs and raised the idle....all is well with electrics and idling

geoff916
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR 1100 XX, CBR 400 RR CBR

Post by geoff916 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:53 pm

silly idea BUT.....have you checked any leakage between stator and earth ? MY blackbird rqan fine, all day every day,
BUT as soon as I turned the lights on, it ran perfect, Until I turned ignition off. then flat battery. It turned out to be a leak to earth from one of the stator coils.
everything checked out fine otherwise, correct voltage at battery, 60volts between the coils. BUT the leak to earth was less resistance than the lighting circuit. Just a thought

geoff916

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:47 pm

geoff916 wrote:silly idea BUT.....have you checked any leakage between stator and earth ? MY blackbird rqan fine, all day every day,
BUT as soon as I turned the lights on, it ran perfect, Until I turned ignition off. then flat battery. It turned out to be a leak to earth from one of the stator coils.
everything checked out fine otherwise, correct voltage at battery, 60volts between the coils. BUT the leak to earth was less resistance than the lighting circuit. Just a thought

geoff916
I'm not very good with Electrics, but everything is working fine onw....but recently my left indicator (front and back) is not working and I go near the indicator next to the seat and I hear a fast clicking sound....What is the problem?

Thanks