NC29 carb trumpets?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
hondahaha
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC29 carb trumpets?

Post by hondahaha » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:34 pm

I had a quick look over my bike and decided to clean the air filter.When I dismantled it I noticed the 2 r/h carb trumpets were lose,although they were in the correct positions they were not held in like the l/h/s and were easily removed.Are they essential?Can they be removed?Should I replace them or is there an alternative option?I plan to strip and clean the carbs later when the weather warms up.Thanks.

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: NC29 carb trumpets?

Post by Davez29 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:21 pm

I would say they are essential as they regulate the air flow allowing a smooth volume of air into the carbs. They are normally held in by small tabs but it looks like yours have snapped, as long as they are in place I guess they will be ok. note the R model has four shorties and earlier models have the middle two longer. I think they changed it later on to all shortie stacks for a differing mid range power delevery.

edit: to take the fixed ones out remove the top plastic part and they should just slide out. If you do the same with the broken ones look for the small broken tabs, they may still be in place but will fall out.

hondahaha
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC29 carb trumpets?

Post by hondahaha » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Yep 2 long and 2 shorties,prolly find the tabs in the carbs but as I'm going to clean them it won't matter,cheers for the advice..