PULSE GENERATOR COIL RESISTANCE

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:
PULSE GENERATOR COIL RESISTANCE

Post by eeriedess » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:57 pm

HI AGAIN FELLAS---I`VE DONE MOST OF MY OWN REPAIRS AND MODS ON MY BIKES FOR YEARS BUT-------------------THE ONE THING THAT GOES OVER MY HEAD ARE ELECTRICS SO I NEED A LITTLE HELP FOR THE LECCY GUYS OUT THERE---
OK MY NC23 HAS THE SINGLE PULSE GENERATOR COIL (L MODEL)SPEC STATES OHMS RANGE 315 TO 385 AND I HAVE A READING OF 440 OHMS---DOES THIS MEAN IT WON`T GENERATE THE CORRECT SIGNAL TO THE CDI UNITE TO ACTIVATE THE IGNITION COILS TO FIRE THE MOTOR ?? I HAVE ANOTHER GENERATOR COIL WHICH READS 525 OHMS--WOW--WHAT HAPPENS TO THESE COILS TO RAISE THE "RESISTANCE-------AND LASTLY-------------------------------------------------------------------ANYONE KNOW OF A SUPPLIER FOR THESE IN CHINA MAYBE COS HONDA CAN`T SUPPLY NEW ANYMORE AND EVEN ELECTREXWORLD CAN`T SUPPLY
SORRY IT DRAGGED ON A BIT ANY INFO APPRECIATED
CHEERS COL :cry:

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: PULSE GENERATOR COIL RESISTANCE

Post by eeriedess » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:48 pm

Come on you guys --is any one awake out there?---i find it hard to believe there`s nobody out there that understands the basics of bike ignition systems and could offer up a thought or two----although I have come across an awful lot of mature bikers who`s comment of"Don`t ask me mate I only ride`em any probs i get the dealer to sort it"--oh boy whatever happened to getting your hands grubby? isn`t that what biking is all about?

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:22 am

Have you an nc23 or an nc29 as I see you say you have an L model which i believe is an nc29. Does the nc23 models j to k models not have twin pulse coil and the 29 single coils, unless you have have you modded them?

So basically is it this one, NC23 number 8.. http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cbr400rr-198 ... ml#results

Or this one, nc29 number 6.. http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cbr400rr-199 ... ml#results

It may help in your search as you seem to be saying two differing models in your post.

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250

Post by dunkenb » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:00 pm

If they're not available, you cold try getting yours repaired, a Rewinders could probably sort it out. Or one from a different model would probably work ok?? :o