high perf ignition coils

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:
high perf ignition coils

Post by eeriedess » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:09 pm

hi fellas
little cheeky question this cos-----------yes i do have an nc23 and a vfr400 which i ride but i am looking for a pair of ignition coils for my cbrrr250rr mc22 which uses the same spec coils as the cbr400rr and after 3 years of running like a watch its become a pig to start when the temp is low and fouls the plugs in an instant (takes a couple of hours to dismantle the bike to remove clean and replace plugs so i`m looking for aftermarket replacement coils with a much FATTER? spark so i can ride and not wrench.
can`t seem to find "that other jdm site" any more which is for the 250 so i thought i might have some luck with you knowledegable guys---any thoughts?
cheers
col
:pray:

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO
Re: high perf ignition coils

Post by Drunkn Munky » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:52 pm

Contact dyna coil im sure their have something suitable, or webike they do high performance coils for some 90's greybikes

scotjell
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400 NC30x2

Post by scotjell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:53 pm

Buy it off him Tony

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by eeriedess » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:55 pm

THAT WON`T BE HAPPENING--- I LOVE THIS LITTLE SCREAMER SO MUCH AND I AM 72 YEARS OLD --CRAZY AS A BOX OF FROGS AND WHEN I GO I`M GONNA BE BURIED SITTING ON IT--YAHOO :rocks:

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by eeriedess » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Seems my non start may not be the ignition coils but the PULSE GENERATOR COIL-----i did a resistance reading with a multi tester and it was 10% over the upper ohms limit ----------------------anddddddddddddd---coil no longer supplied by honda (or david silver------anyone got a chinese site that can supply one please.?? :cry:

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250

Post by dunkenb » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:57 pm

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:26 pm

eeriedess wrote:THAT WON`T BE HAPPENING--- I LOVE THIS LITTLE SCREAMER SO MUCH AND I AM 72 YEARS OLD --CRAZY AS A BOX OF FROGS AND WHEN I GO I`M GONNA BE BURIED SITTING ON IT--YAHOO :rocks:
If you do ever come to sell it feel free to drop me a message

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250

Post by dunkenb » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:21 pm

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by eeriedess » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:17 pm

HI MATE --THANKS FOR THAT BUT I DO HAVE THE MANUAL CD AND USED IT A LOT OVER THE YEARS-BUT AFTER CHANGIN G(FOR NEW)NGK IRIDIUM PLUGS/IGNITION COILS/PLUG LEADS/RESISTOR PLUG CAPS/ CERTIFIED REPLACEMENT CDI UNIT----AND TESTED COMPRESSION ALL CYLS IN SPEC, AND REBUILT THE CARBSTHE LIKELY SUSPECT IS THE PULSE GENERATOR COIL(SMALL MAGNET DEVICE/TRIGGER IN L/H ENGINE CASE) WHICH ON A MULTI TESTER IS SHOWING 10% OVER ON UPPER READING OF MANUAL.
HURRAH-----FOUND A DEALER AT LAST WHO HAS THEM IN STOCK---OOH HE`S IN VICTORIA AUSTRALIA-OOOOOOOH NOT FOR ANY MONEY WILL THIS MAIN HONDA DEALER SHIP ANYTHING OVERSEAS--ANYONE OUT THERE GOT ONE FOR ME????????
P.S ANYONE GOT A RELATIVE IN VICTORIA???????????????????