Surrey Hills, Box Hill, Dorking KT20 7LB CBR 400 SHOTS

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: Surrey Hills, Box Hill, Dorking KT20 7LB CBR 400 SHOTS

Post by Davez29 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:59 am

You poser.. ;)

You had a good day out then?

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r

Post by Bowches » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Davez29 wrote:You poser.. ;)

Haha I'm not a poser....

Great day out though for sure...the sun was shining and it was a little chilly though....

On the way there, I was going nice and slow 60mph....

Then my brother is asking me why am I not going in the fast lane....which I did, but speed cameras on the M25 every 500 metres at one point. I prefer to take it slow.

Davez29, when Can I come and meet you????? :mrgreen:

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:39 am

Bowches wrote:

Haha I'm not a poser....

Great day out though for sure...the sun was shining and it was a little chilly though....

Then my brother is asking me why am I not going in the fast lane....which I did, but speed cameras on the M25 every 500 metres at one point. I prefer to take it slow.

Yes these cameras are a pain in the bum, and those new speeding laws worry me, not so much the higher ones as if you are truly speeding, well expect to lose one day. But doing 31 and getting done for it is worrying, as despite never speeding in a 30 i think 1mph above is a bit to strict and not enough leeway, they should have kept it to 33mph.

Yea maybe we will meet one day if 400gb go back to Bruntingthorpe as i missed the last one sadly due to a friend pulling out.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:57 pm

Yea I already went on a speed awareness course because a friend of mine who rides like a nutcase on a YAMAHA R1 2007.

I was keeping up with him on country lane roads in hertfordshire and when I overtook a car, it was like I fell into a trap and the speed camera was there. I managed to slow down to 40mph, also thinking the speed limit was 40mph. It turned out to be 30mph and a big bright white light flashed all AROUND ME. My other friend whom was also on a CBR 400 NC29 was saying hopefully the car behind would block my number plate or something, but alas...a few days later I got the letter for speeding.

I ticked my name and said it was me riding the bike and sent it by fast post. I got a letter coming back after two days saying I can either take a speed awareness course or I can take 3 points and 100 pound fine.....LOL obviously I took the speed awareness course and it was a good day on the speed awareness course.

The session was 4 hours long and with like 25 other speed motorists, the presenter was funny and it involved everyone taking part etc.

After that lol I dont want to go on another speed awareness course. Also I have to say being the only biker there, this women behind me was a little F annoying, I GET SHE dont like bikes and neither did others, talking about accidents and shit. Dumb B she got caught speeding twice on the same F road and she looking at me.

Presenter asks me if I have ever got involved in an accident and then I said no. He says well done to me LOL....the presenters were good, just the women behind who irritated me.

I should have asked her if she wanted a ride with ME LOLL.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:00 pm

Davez29 wrote:
Bowches wrote:

Haha I'm not a poser....

Yes these cameras are a pain in the bum, and those new speeding laws worry me, not so much the higher ones as if you are truly speeding, well expect to lose one day. But doing 31 and getting done for it is worrying, as despite never speeding in a 30 i think 1mph above is a bit to strict and not enough leeway, they should have kept it to 33mph.

Yea maybe we will meet one day if 400gb go back to Bruntingthorpe as i missed the last one sadly due to a friend pulling out.

We can meet up openly anywhere you want? I didnt mean we have to meet up on a racetrack.

I would like to meet up, how about next week or weekend?

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 am

Lol, it would not be that easy as i live 'up north' and work most times. But if im going anywhere close i will let you know. I do have a sister in Milton Keynes and may visit her this year.