Slightly dropped my CBR 400. Need small fairing repair

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r
Slightly dropped my CBR 400. Need small fairing repair

Post by Bowches » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi Folks

F Sake. I was trying to hurry parking by pushing the bike in a tight spot while standing. Then F Sake the bike went to the floor slowly.

Does anyone know the best way to get a small fairing crack to be looking like it was (NEW Chinese fairings as well it is).

Also my handlebar END on the right is bent (The screw that is). The screen I can replace easy.

https://postimg.org/image/4bxyx0g1t/

https://postimg.org/image/5iprqznvv/

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: Slightly dropped my CBR 400. Need small fairing repair

Post by Davez29 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Shame on that man, as you know those slight drops are the ones that cause the headache as you know it wasnt a bad drop but its still causes major upset.

All I can suggest is plastex , it works well enough but a little patience is needed for best effect. The biggest problem will be matching paint as I dont know if your chinese fairings will match RS paints colours, so you might have to match it locally.

Basically its fairing off, turn it over, V groove the rear of the crack, masking tape it in place so that the panel is level both sides of the crack. mix in Plastex, fill the groove, let it dry, check it out. turn it over rough up the area that needs painting, clean up, spray as needed. cut and polish, jobs a guddun!

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Thanks for the reply again Davez29

Shows that patience is always good sometimes

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Davez29 wrote:Shame on that man, as you know those slight drops are the ones that cause the headache as you know it wasnt a bad drop but its still causes major upset.

All I can suggest is plastex , it works well enough but a little patience is needed for best effect. The biggest problem will be matching paint as I dont know if your chinese fairings will match RS paints colours, so you might have to match it locally.

Basically its fairing off, turn it over, V groove the rear of the crack, masking tape it in place so that the panel is level both sides of the crack. mix in Plastex, fill the groove, let it dry, check it out. turn it over rough up the area that needs painting, clean up, spray as needed. cut and polish, jobs a guddun!

Can I get some one to make it look like before it was hit....you reckon it will cost 100 pounds. I need to do my tank as well as there was a scratch and paint chip since I bought it

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:40 am

I was gonna put crash guards on it. LOL but now ill want to put crash guards as soon as possible lol

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:52 pm

I dont really know how much it will cost for someone else to do it, but doing it yourself will just cost for Plastex, paint and oddements such as wet and dry and tape. And of course a bit of your time. Its not a huge job at all, preperation is the key.