NC29 1991 Type 4 Fairings

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
BabyBlade0161
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Honda MT50 & 1991 NC29
Re: NC29 1991 Type 4 Fairings

Post by BabyBlade0161 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:35 pm

JZH wrote:2TN110 is not a Honda colour code.

The mudguard is Heavy gray metallic NH194MU and the other major colour is Granite blue metallic PB184MU (looks black to many people). The lighter colour is only decals, AFAIK, so no paint code. You could try to find one of the stripe decals for sale somewhere, like Yahoo Japan Auctions, and get it matched professionally. It would be easier to match No. 6... ;)
Ah I see, I didn't realise the lighter grey was decals. I've had a look on eBay and on the web but cannot find any, I'll take a look at any Japan Auctions I can find.
Yep I know it would be easier to match No. 6, however I like the original 1991 Type 4's design & colours, and I haven't seen many Type 4's about(on forums).
Davez29 wrote:I did have a quick look to see if i could work out that stripe colour the other day but i will have to study it for a while to be sure as i cant read Japanese.

Actually the colour for that stripe is on the page J14 of the fiche in the box for type 4 A&B if anyone can read Japanese. I will try later as ive been on nightshift.

here..

That would be very useful, if only I could read Japanese... If anyone could translate it, it would much be appreciated.

Thanks chaps.

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST

Post by JZH » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:20 pm

Davez29 wrote:Yes JZH, 2TN110 is not on any Honda colour code i have seen but it is listed in the supplementary colour codes at the front of the nc29 fiche, with the text mentioning the two main colours, so im guessing this matt black mix is the basecoat U colour for this model.
Interesting. My Parts Catalogue is version 6, and it does not include that text box with the codes in the front. However, I have a scanned copy of version 5, which does. FWIW, I've noticed that the older Honda Parts Books seem to have that box, but Honda dropped it in the later catalogues for some reason. I'm sure if you find someone to read the Japanese the mystery would be solved, but I'm afraid I cannot help you there! ;)

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:05 pm

Ok, i have had no luck trying to work this stripe colour out but the more type 4 pictures i look at i keep seeing differing shades, sometimes gold, sometimes grey silver. So which is it in real life?

This got me thinking, the only other time i see this effect is the stripes on my mates rc30. This stripe colour seems to change from gold to silver, depending on light conditions.

I may be way off, not ever seeing a real type 4 and picture colour varies anyway, but maybe try and find out if that is the colour used. Honda call it 'Sparkling Silver' NH295M.

BabyBlade0161
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BabyBlade0161 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Davez29 wrote:Ok, i have had no luck trying to work this stripe colour out but the more type 4 pictures i look at i keep seeing differing shades, sometimes gold, sometimes grey silver. So which is it in real life?

I may be way off, not ever seeing a real type 4 and picture colour varies anyway, but maybe try and find out if that is the colour used. Honda call it 'Sparkling Silver' NH295M.
When you say seeing differing shades, do you mean the stripe decals?

Here are some pics I just took of my stripes on the tank:

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:18 am

Yes, the tank and fairing stripe. Most pictures seem to show it as a gold or bronze stripe but i have seen some that show it more silvery, i dont know not seeing this colour in real life. What do you think it is?

BabyBlade0161
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BabyBlade0161 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Davez29 wrote:Yes, the tank and fairing stripe. Most pictures seem to show it as a gold or bronze stripe but i have seen some that show it more silvery, i dont know not seeing this colour in real life. What do you think it is?
I think it is more of a silvery/grey colour, more than a bronze/gold stripe for sure- the second picture I uploaded (above) shows more of a true representation of the actual colour, as obviously it looks different at different angles.

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Maybe ask in the vfr part of the forum and see if anyone can send you a small sample of the stripe colour paint used on the Rc30, it might be the same on the nc30. This will help check my theory.