Factory Paint Scheme

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Crossbow
Settled in member
Reactions:
Factory Paint Scheme

Post by Crossbow » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Does anybody know how I can find out how my bike originally came out of the factory paint scheme wise?

There are 3 paint schemes for the RRJ, I would really like to get my bike looking as original as possible over time. The bike has currently gold the gold wheels, which pushes me towards the Granite Blue / Black paint scheme, but these could have been painted or changed at any point before my brother had it, so could be well off.

Any help appreciated.
Andy

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones
Re: Factory Paint Scheme

Post by jim157 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:31 pm

If there's still a label on top of the undertray it should give the code for the paint scheme.

AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Crossbow
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Crossbow » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:32 pm

So if the label isn't there is there no other way to find out what the paint scheme was?

think I'll go down the Graphite blue route.

Cheers

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:26 pm

I dont think so, sorry.
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Crossbow
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Crossbow » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:36 pm

So I've been out to the shed and looked under the rear seat. I found this.

Looks like my first thoughts were right.

Current body panels are in pretty bad shape, so in the future I will be on the look out for originals to repaint.

Crossbow
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Crossbow » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:14 pm

I've been looking on the internet trying to find a a full Decal set for my bike. I have been on CMSNL and they only have the Honda wings for the tank and nothing else.

Does anyone know of where else that may be able to source them?

Cheers
Andy

Crossbow
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Crossbow » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:28 pm

I have just come across the below company. Has anyone used them or heard any reviews of them?

http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:41 am

Crossbow wrote:I have just come across the below company. Has anyone used them or heard any reviews of them?

http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm
From my experience ordering a NC29 type7 kit, quality is good but accuracy not so, although i might be picky as i expected their kit to be accurate after they said they scanned original decals, it was not. Also their customer relations could have been better at one point when i asked about accuracy and sending white Honda decals (on a white bike??), i was fobbed off.

But even at £100 per nc29 type 7 kit it is great value as long as accuracy is not an issue as Honda decals can come to more than that each. I guess the smaller amount you would need would not even come to that and accuracy may be better.

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Image Works have had good reviews elsewhere on this forum. I am literally about to call them for a price on NC35 decals (or stickers as they call them) and to find out if they fit them to loose panels.

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Just spoken to the chap at Image Works. I need decals/stickers for both lower panels and one middle panel on my RVF. If I take the panels to them it'll be £75 fitted, around £25/panel. Personally l think that's good value, rather than trying to do it myself, with the risk of messing it up. They need a couple of weeks notice.
When the panels are back from the paint shop l'll take them in and let you know how it goes.