Fairings - anyone tried - www.motorcyclefairingsale.co.uk ?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
DICKIN50N
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Triumph Speedmaster, NC29
Re: Fairings - anyone tried - www.motorcyclefairingsale.co.u

Post by DICKIN50N » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:27 pm

I Know this thread has been dead for a couple years but to save starting a new one has anyone ever used fairing solutions?

Looks like they're based in OZ - which almost eliminates that little niggle in the bag of your head you get when buying cheap from china!

Was settled on a respol rep for my NC29 (Which is just black at the minute) but with some of the mounting points broken I figured i'd just get some new fairings. these look boootiful...

http://fairingsolutions.co.uk/product_i ... kit-p-3529

Any one used them before? Thoughts?

Cheers

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:17 pm

As far as I know they are Chinese fairings, the only rider i know who bought from them was happy with the purchase, his was a cbr900 set. I did contact them with a thought I had on a fairing scheme and they replied quickly and even offered extra paint for my tank, for a few dollers more of course.

DICKIN50N
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Triumph Speedmaster, NC29

Post by DICKIN50N » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Cheers mate I will probably end up biting the bullet and just getting a set!

Cheers

Ben

maximusgnarl
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by maximusgnarl » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:32 am

I've just fitted some repsol fairings off Ebay to my NC29

They are not bad considering the price.
I don't pay import duty as I work for the company that delivers them in the UK so we just ignore the charges for staff.
(mine actually didn't have any on them this time)

All in all they are OK for the money but you may need to sand and 'adjust' some panels to fit.
Also they have overspray on the inside you may want to cover, I didn't as my bike is too old and now lives outside.

The main theing is don't expect OE quality finish. Mine has small air bubbles and excess lacquer on them but the main thing in its favour was all the mounting holes matched up.
Some tabs in the tail units also needed holes drilling as they weren't done. Not sure if it was an oversight but it did mean a nice tight fit of the tail sections when you do them yourself.

Fairing air ducts were crap. (sold on ebay for stupid money £50+ but buyer happy)

No infill panels and the nose cone doesn't have all the tabs to connect fuse box etc

But..

Generally i'm happy with them and would buy them again

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r

Post by Bowches » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:16 pm

Hi all

I too ordered Honda CBR 400 NC29 Fairings from Ebay (EZMOTO, i think) and they were really good. They responded when I sent them messages and they even painted the fairings to the design that I WANTED! WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE EXCELLENT!

I highly recommend but I cannot guarantee....

My fairings design in the end was Repsol with 69 written on the tail piece