K CONVERSIONS ... HELP!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Troyus
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: x2 CBR400 NC29s
K CONVERSIONS ... HELP!

Post by Troyus » Wed May 16, 2012 11:25 pm

I recently purchased a set of K conversion front fairings, They have never been fitted so haven't had any mounting holes drilled- My purchase also included a number of brackets but no instructions on where or how the fairings / brackets should be located / fitted. I have tried to contact k Conversions in Thailand but have had no reply... :roll:

I have already done some research: I watched Parus' vid on Youtube but unfortunately my Russian isn't what it could be... I have also looked at pictures on google and here 400GB and seen other peeps with these fairings fitted- But would be really grateful for some guidance before I start hacking away with my saw and drill

Here's a pic of the brackets I think are necessary to fit the front fairings;

Bracket A: Shaped like an L... I haven't the foggiest where this one goes... at the bottom by the footrest to be fitted to the belly pan half of the fairing? You tell me... plz!
Brackets B: Do these attatch where the air intakes would normally fit (the front of the two holes?) and connect the 'top' half nearest the rider (There are some recess / indents in the fairing here is this where some holes need to be drilled?)
Also does the frontal sub-frame / clock bracket fix to the fairing anywhere? The clock bracket had two holes where the original nose piece is attached (underneath the lights) Looking at Parus' vid it also appears he has also utilized what is the original nose fastener (between & just above the headlights) Should I do this?

There is also one project I have seen where he has made his own brackets for fitting of the fairing- has anyone experience on this?

And finally :drool: while on the subject- what about the headlights? These were fitted when I got the fairings... but scarily they seem to have been basically (via a couple of brackets) screwed directly onto the fairing- really? Is it ment to be like this... headlight adjustment might be interesting like this...

Any help would be really helpful. Thanks a lot

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: K CONVERSIONS ... HELP!

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:12 am

The ususal threads involving K conversions ususally revolve around - Do not buy them, they are shit.

not many actually buy them :o
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

Troyus
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: x2 CBR400 NC29s

Post by Troyus » Thu May 17, 2012 11:04 am

Too late! :oops: They were going cheap on ebay... couldn't help myself

PARUS
Reactions:
Bike owned: Already 20% of NC29...

Post by PARUS » Sun May 20, 2012 6:58 pm

CMSMJ1 wrote:The ususal threads involving K conversions ususally revolve around - Do not buy them, they are shit. not many actually buy them :o
I'm agree... but the price is twice cheaper. I made all brakets by myself from alluminum. It's easy and don't need to buy