Help with decals

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
gullarm
Settled in member
Reactions:
Help with decals

Post by gullarm » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:17 am

Right got my decals from the Imageworks yesterday.

Agree with what other people have said on this forum about them not being exact. But hey ho!

Read and watched a load of you tube videos on how to fit.

Fitted a few using the soapy water technique and low and behold the dam things are covered in tiny bubbles, a few larger ones but mainly just loads of little ones. Some sections look fine others look like a teenagers face.

They were no bubbles when I first put them on they just seemed to have appeared. Some of the decals went on really easy, the rear panel ones were a doddle. I left them overnight hoping that may help, and a few cans as well.

Still the same. I dont want to carry on in case I make the same mistake, any help?

Im going to stick this in the VFR forum as well. As need help ASAP.

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250
Re: Help with decals

Post by dunkenb » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:23 am

gullarm
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by gullarm » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:43 am

I read that and many others - which is why I thought I had cracked it.

Im just hoping they are water bubbles and will disappear.

DK-Tandy
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR400RR NC23

Post by DK-Tandy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:23 pm

get a small craft knife and make tiny incertions (cuts) just enough to relieve the pressure of air/water and push back down with finger :)

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250

Post by dunkenb » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:12 pm

My cousin works doing vinyls he said prick them with a needle and leave them and they should disapear in a few days. Also warm them a little with a hair dryer, but don't get it hot!

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Just to add if you prick them with a scalpel do it near the edge not in the centre of the bubble, its easier to push the air out to the edge.

For your "Honda" bellypan put a line of tape across the top of the decal, now make a cut most of the way up between each letter. Now place it into position using the top length of tape, you can peel from under the top and stick one letter at a time and concentrate on a smaller area, much easier.

If you make a mistake, dont panic, even lifting it off again and again as long as you get no dust and keep the decal warm it should stick. when you do peel keep it as close to the panel as possible and dont peel up, peel across, use your credit card or plastic spreader to get it down quickly.

One more thing, if you have to place a decal down and it goes over the edge, for instance the edge of the rear mid panel, try to cut it so that it lies flat, dont be tempted to curl it over the inner edge, water will get down and lift it eventually.

Get a piccy or two up when your done.

dave