Race replica chinese fairings

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Mickmac
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 Import-ZZR600
Re: Race replaica chinese fairings

Post by Mickmac » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:01 pm

:pray: Image

I have had some photos sent from china I think its looking good so far, Be well pleased when it arrives , I,ll keep you all posted

Bonzo
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR400RR NC29

Post by Bonzo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Durka Durka - how much did your nosecone decals cost if you don't mind me asking? I need the exact same ones in the same colour as yours!

Nice bike by the way - in the best colours :up:

Mickmac
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mickmac » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:24 am

I,ll ask the guy in china if he will supply a set and send then with the fairiing I will do my best. if not I have the details of a guy on here (this thread)he thinks he may be able to do some

Colin

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:14 pm

Looking good mickmac, list any problems you have installing, quality of fittings etc.. One thing, are you using the infills that fit on the inside of the mid panel. Reason I ask is that without them the mid panel to nose cone fit may be troublesome, as I know even with my originals, without those fitted there is sag. I have an idea that this could be a cause of many Chinese rebuilds and Im interested to see if this is the case.

@ 400nc31, Well my bike is actually a type 7 not a 5 but it came with those fairings, all painted, no decals apart from CBR/direct air and the rear gullarm400 but the paint was virtually spot on with the oem decals. Its now back to type 7 fairings. I think they were £15 a side, this included the gel coat, around the same thickness as a gel tank pad. Its one thing Imageworks got spot on for me, even the small spots lay over the original spots without adjustment to the graphic while fitting.

Bonzo
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR400RR NC29

Post by Bonzo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:31 pm

@Mickmac - that would be awesome! :pray:

@Durka - Is your tank a type 7 then? I'd been looking at the Chinese type 5 fairings on ebay. To me the purple on them is too dark - it's more like the purple on a type 7, so I didn't bother buying them as I don't want to paint my tank to match because there is nothing wrong with it. £15 per side sounds good as I only really need the left side decal as you sit on the bike. Mine has about a 3 inch gouge in it, but at the moment is covered with an alpinestars sticker!

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi 400nc31, My research shows they only made a type 5 in Dionysus Blue PB-22B and a type 7 in Jockey Blue P-5m ( P-5m is actually Purple metallic, not blue). But I have seen the cbr900 was also in p5m for its equivelent type 5. So its bit confusing.

I have both tanks, unfortuanatly both are repaints with very similar purple top as my type 5 fairings were also purple, a very similar purple to a type 7, why I dont know as Im unsure if they made a type 5 in purple for the 29. But when I bought a second tank ( to repaint in type 7 colours) it was in its original type 5 colours of Dionysus Blue which is no where near a type 7 and is very blue. So if your tank is oem colours in type 5 of Dionysus Blue I guess it should hopefully match those Chinese ones.

Mickmac
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mickmac » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:52 pm

@ 400 NC31 no joy with the decal from china , however if you pm me I'll give you the email of the guy looking at tank decals for me, he seems like a good guy !

@ Guys , In the meantime my fairings have arrived from China , no import tax as yet ? reasonable packed with no damage , initially they look alright, I have'nt started fitting them yet, paint and clear look good all holes drilled and on first inspection look to be ok ,Posted in Hong Kong on Monday and arrived at my door on Thursday so not at all bad!!, I will update with photos (when the temp in my shed warms up a bit, its bloody freezing at the moment and I am too old !)
I'm looking to get my tank painted Minolta White with black Honda wings, Can anybody help with suggestions and does anyone have the Paint Code for the white, If anyone can paint it I,ll supply Decals and wings if needed Pm me with price please
I'll even consider a swap if anyones looking for a good tank in teal and black (original with no dents only a couple of minute chips no rust at all but it will need a new tank pad )

Cheers

thunderace
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: R6, YZF600R

Post by thunderace » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Mickmac wrote:I will update with photos (when the temp in my shed warms up a bit, its bloody freezing at the moment and I am too old !)

Stop being a wuss. It's nice and warm now. Get out there with your camera :P
Conventional wisdom says to know your limits. To know your limits you need to find them first. Finding your limits generally involves getting in over your head and hoping you live long enough to benefit from the experience. That's the fun part.

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:36 pm

thunderace wrote:
Mickmac wrote:I will update with photos (when the temp in my shed warms up a bit, its bloody freezing at the moment and I am too old !)

:plus:

Mickmac
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mickmac » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Durka Durka wrote:
thunderace wrote:

:plus:
OK then Will do ! But one problem at the moment I am in Hospital on 8th for an eye op, something to do with the lens in my left eye, I,ll ask the Boss (Mrs) to get in the shed instead of me LOL ;)