Slidmarx replacement bodywork. tried and tested?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
cbr_veze
Settled in member
Reactions:
Slidmarx replacement bodywork. tried and tested?

Post by cbr_veze » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:34 pm

im thinking about ordering a few panels from skidmarx for my nc29.
they do two styles, the original, and the rcv211v.
im thinking of ordering a side panel first to see what the like, if you look down the left hand side, it says they will spray it for a 10% charge. has anyone tried the original pattern fairings from skidmarx? hows the fit ect. i imagine you will get good customer service, probably alot better than that wankbay anyway.

http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/section/bodyw ... honda.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: Slidmarx replacement bodywork. tried and tested?

Post by Davez29 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Ok to start you off. I have only bought a 'v' panel from them. I wanted it in white but they only had black in stock so bought that rather than wait. It arrived quickly and well packed.

There is a warning that you must check for fit before painting, which i ignored, as you do. I found it too thick at the edge and bottom and had to spend 20 mins filing to fit, not hard to do but had to repaint again, damn.

Overall a nice small panel that looks though it will last.

cbr_veze
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by cbr_veze » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:34 am

thanks for the reply matey, i mite try my chances and get a side panel in gloss black and go from there. seing as they cost 50 quid, i will try my chances then. thanks.

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Just a thought after reading your question again, the colour of the panel is not sprayed, its the resin colour and if your after a matched finish you will have paint the panel but at least it will be the basic colour your after.

cbr_veze
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by cbr_veze » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:24 pm

that would be good if its the resin colour to be honest, so they look nice and neat from the inside to. well, i will let u know how i get on. does anyone have any idea where to get the little air ducts and the black peices of plastic that cloke off the fuses and top of the rad cap at the top of the side fairings? im under the impression you cant buy them anywhere. i suppose i could ask graeme france.

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:23 am

Those little bits of plastic inner ducts can be bought new from David Silver at the wallet emptying price of £43 each! Without VAT or delivery.

tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: CCM404 SM, CBR4/6 in progress

Post by tanuki » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 am

For what its worth I have Skidmarx track panels on my trackbike and they are fantastic quality.

scottser32
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by scottser32 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:06 am

whats the v front panel? how much is the main front panel the part with the lights in it like this and whats it called on the website