My CBR 400 stolen and then recovered on Monday 7 May 2018

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r
My CBR 400 stolen and then recovered on Monday 7 May 2018

Post by Bowches » Wed May 09, 2018 12:52 am

Hi all,

I had gone to Bulgaria for the weekend to see my brother and when I came back on Monday to go for the Hastings ride. I found the CBR 400 had gone missing from the street I had parked it on. I had not put on any locks on it and it just had a black cover on it, I basically relied on the tracker.

I quickly phoned my tracking company and then I had been told to contact the police. I got my crime ref no. and then called bike track telling them my crime reference number. They then contacted the police and the police called about 20 mins later saying they had found the bike and it looked fine.

The police then kindly picked me up and drove me to the spot where the bike was. They then tried to break open the lock on the front wheel with bolt cutters but could not. The ignition wire had been cut and the steering lock was broken and the fuel cap was forced open. Everything else is fine, I rode the bike and my friend who is a car mechanic rode the bike with me on the back for 50 miles on the same day. We went to his car garage to see if we could check over the bike for any damage or problems, it seemed to be fine.

I have the Theif's journey history, time, speed and location on my bike trac account. What do I do now to try and catch him?

He parks the bike at 87 Brewery close, Wembley at midnight on 5 (Sat) and 6 (Sun) May 2018 and that is where I think this thief lives.

The police said to try and get forensics to look for finger prints and also check CCTV cameras. At one point he comes into a petrol station which I know and I think I'm going to go there tomarrow to ask for CCTV evidence or ask the police to get the CCTV evidence to capture an image or video of this guy. He is basically ridden the bike for the whole of Sunday.

The costs for me are 10 pounds for a new ignition, and I have a spare fuel cap.

London iS really a shit hole nowadays....there's no point living here.

https://postimg.cc/image/jk8jxx2ql/

https://postimg.cc/image/cts2ol2r1/

https://postimg.cc/image/tuayxa2xp/

https://postimg.cc/image/jk8jxz06l/

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250
Re: My CBR 400 stolen and then recovered on Monday 7 May 2018

Post by dunkenb » Wed May 09, 2018 7:12 am

That sucks. The tracker earned its keep tho. Think you need to chain it to something solid in future or a garage.
Glad you got her back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:25 am

Sad to hear of this, i am glad at least you got it back relatively unscathed. What to do is the problem as these idiots will ruin anyone's life without a care. I hope you can sort it and get yourself a lock but even then a disc cutter will break jt quite quickly. Although a cheap xena alarmed disc lock will help for a short while at least, better than nothing for the opportunist thief.

My bike is relatively safe at home due to being locked away and i have two raptor style dogs who will not take prisoners. At work it is a different matter of course, but so far so good. I have a tracker and to be honest its a cheap Chinese type so it wont work once the bike is under a roof and the software tends to lose it once the power goes down after a couple of hours, i need it plumbed in i guess.

Check out Royal Jordanians latest vid on trackers maybe leave your thoughts on whats happened to you.

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CB1pod70 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:11 am

Unfortunately that's life these days - motorbikes are an easy target but at least you got it back thanks to the tracker. When one of mine was stolen the police weren't even interested. Don't do anything stupid trying to track down or face up to the person who stole the bike, it's not worth it...

You really need to get yourself a decent lock and chain the bike to something solid in future, I know how much that bike means to you. Oh yeah and I agree about London but it happens everywhere we had a smashed up moped abandoned at the end of our road over the weekend and it's normally really quiet around here

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Thu May 10, 2018 10:28 pm

Sorry to hear about this, I was going to say balaclavas for you and a few mates then politely have a word with him........ but cb1pod70 is right, you really shouldn't knock ten bells out of scum.
I'm happy the police helped you collect the bike.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Sun May 13, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi everyone sorry for the late reply

I am trying to track this person down now. He went to a petrol station, he also went to burger restaurants and a few houses probably his mates house.

The bastard also speed through the A406 North circular which has a average speed cameras of 40mph.

I'm gonna go to the Petrol station and ask them for CCTV or the burger shop because I need to see if I can catch this guy's face.

I will upload pictures of his journey from my bike trac account.......

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST

Post by JZH » Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 am

Bowches wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 12:15 pm
The bastard also speed through the A406 North circular which has a average speed cameras of 40mph.
Did you get his ticket? If so, you could go to the PePiPoo forum for advice on how to deal with it. You were not the "keeper" of the bike at the time, but you cannot identify the keeper, because he has not yet been caught!

Glad you got the bike back intact.

When they broke the steering lock, did they damage the frame?

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:06 am

What model tracker did you have on the bike please?

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 am

https://biketrac.co.uk/

the company is called bike trac

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Thu May 17, 2018 9:58 am

I am trying to contact the police in order to get the CCTV footage from shell petrol station and Mcdonalds and its difficult.

The line is busy and hard to get someone to speak too.