Traffic in London IS MENTAL!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r
Traffic in London IS MENTAL!

Post by Bowches » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi everyone....

I have now been using my Honda CBR 400 NC29 everyday now since the last three weeks (Work Commuting)....and thankfully it has not done anything wrong on me since I changed the alternator and rectifier on the 11 April.

I have noticed one thing about London that I never knew before. TRAFFIC IS BECOMING LIKE INDIA/CHINA! The Euston Road this morning is absolutely mental! I even woke up earlier today out of bed at 6:15am....AND i made it to Euston road at like 7:00am and literally no room to even FILTER! Luckily the Bus lane is available to Motorcycles at ALL TIMES and was able to go past the traffic with ease. But EVEN ON THE MOTORCYCLE You have to wake up at like 5:50AM and leave the house latest by 6:20AM other wise TRAFFIC BUILDS UP ALOT EVERYWHERE!

I find the problem of traffic building up everywhere when I come back from work to hOME at around 4:30pm till 6pm!

SERIOUSLY THEY SHOULD THink about making a motorcycle lane only to help increase safety for motorcyclists and then more people will consider riding bikes! Why NOT? Cyclists have been able to get their own lanes in London....I'm taking about Dual carriageway roads with 40mph speedlimits.....this will definetely ease congestion and increase safety for motorcycles.....I really cannot begin to imagine how London will move in the future if more cars just keep coming on the road!!

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: Traffic in London IS MENTAL!

Post by Davez29 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:43 pm

When i lived in London years ago it was bad so i cant imagine what its like now. Although youtube star Royal Jordanian shows it can be got around if your prepared to filter, sometimes a lot too quickly for me.

It can get bad up North of course, the worst one i been in was on the A1, thirteen miles of stopped traffic and although i went through the middle it still took me 50 minutes to get home, as apposed to the usual 15 minutes on a quiet morning, its like that most commuting times. Our bad times are the usual commuter times where traffic can stop usually to some numpty being too close and causing a bump, the a19 north near me is notorious for this nearly daily especially if its raining. You would think people would learn, but nope its always the same.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:20 am

Yes.....I dont understand why they never made motorcycle only lanes...they should because that would increase safety an would encourage more people onto motorcycles....Cyclists are literally getting everything now in London, which i like cycling as well, am Happy about....So dont tell me it wont happen for motorcycles

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CB1pod70 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:44 am

In most parts of London, Motorcycle & bicycles can use the bus lanes which I think is as good as it will ever get. Unfortunately London has a problem in that the roads were designed long before cars were as common as they are now and there is no room to widen the roads to create extra lanes.

I used to enjoy riding into London but it has definitely got worse and I'm glad I don't have to commute there any more.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:50 am

yea....There are quite a few bus lanes for commuting in London but when I start my commute, the majority of them are not open to motorcycles its only when I get close to the Euston Area that they are open to Motorcycles.....

I mean on Dual carriageways or Motorways they should make motorcycle ONLY Lanes for safety and reducing congestion.

When I am going above the A406 on my commute and looking down from the FLYOVER I can LOOK LEFT AND LOOK RIGHT....HUGE QUEUE traffic

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:21 am

It will never happen. Motorcycles will always be stigmatised in this country.
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Well motorcycles do get FREE parking in London in many streets and nowadays more and more Bus LANES are opening up to motorcycles 24 hours a day.

I do believe if manufacturers and motorcycle groups make an effort and put pressure, I seriously think it can happen ( a separated bike lane).

I mean my CBR 400 gives better MPG than a VW Polo! i GOT 25.2 MILES FOR 2 litres of petrol which is 56 MPG....so they deserve a look into....Cheaper than public transport as well by a alot

I'm writing to my local MP with as many people as I can to write a letter to their local MPs to open up my local BUS lanes.....