NC29 What's it worth

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: NC29 What's it worth

Post by Davez29 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:51 pm

I note there is a 29 just put on ebay for £2999. While it looks a nice bike, I note the front end which is either L or N does not match the R model its supposed to be. Also if it has a earlier front end it may have also have a earlier wiring harness due to differing switches, so while its a nice clean bike it appears to be a bitsa.

My question is would it matter?

Myself, for that price originality is a must but i guess if your after a bike it may not be a problem. I dont know if the reason for the change is through damage or its an earlier model with some type 7 shiny parts thrown into the mix.

Wonders if it sells at that price?

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r

Post by Bowches » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Yea I seen this NC29 today 24 March. Looks really nice. I bet it will sell for 2500

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Slight scuff on the right hand side engine casing, a lot of tyre change marks on the front right hand side of the wheel, looks like it may have had new steering head bearings recently looking at the shiny steering stem upper dust cover, what looks to be scuffs on the exhaust where the silencer is bolted to the manifold, so id say a new chinese bodykit bolted onto an earlier bike.
Nope sorry i wouldn't pay it.
No rear mudguard, which seems odd as it isn't the easiest to get off from what i can remember and the riders seat catch appears to be missing ( the flap that covers the holding bolt)
I could find more but but its definitely a no go for me. The previous owner may have a very good reason for the changes but you need to speak to him directly about them
Hey I'm a swine for detail and it appears I'm not the only one ;)
Last edited by cbr400rrn on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:15 am

Well, one thing i am sure of is that the fairings and screen are geniune Honda items, not Chinese but without checking the numbers I cant tell if its an earlier bike, although not guaranteed the year does point to it being a type 7. I still feel its a bitsa, due to spotting the wrong front end maybe a thou off would be a fairer price and it may sell quicker.

For what its worth I paid £960 on ebay for my bike but would be happy just to make that amount back as i have had years of pleasure from it.

Are people really paying £3000 for 20 year old Honda's when you can buy a 5yo bike from that very seller for that much. Admittedly it does look cleaner than my bike and im a big fan of these bikes but £2999, really? You would have to really want a 400 to pay those sort of prices. . I think part of me dislikes this nostalgia thing that bumps up prices.

Well spotted on those other parts cbr400rrn.